Budget max 13" laptop

jagnje

I need a laptop for basic edit and grade of bmpcc prores files, preferably working with davinci. Small and under 500€ is the key...I do bunch of motorcycle travels and I would like to do some basic edits for instagram stories and such. Just something to keep my busy in the evenings. I want to use my bmpcc for it. So, what would you sugest?

Regards.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Last summer I was in the market for such a machine and finally I had to compromise for an Asus 15.6" i7/1060 6GB/16 RAM/256+1000 Hard Drives, but it wasn't at all near the 500€ mark, and even though it was one of the lightest such laptops, it is not very convinient to pack and carry (goes to its dedicated Thule laptop bag).

Editing capabilities (even basic), small and light form factor with a price similar to a mid tier phone, isn't very realistic.

Some Acer laptops with the new i5-8XXX would be your best bet, but it certainly will cost more, and it won't be as small as you would like.

A Surface clone, or a Surface, would be very convinient packing and carrying, but they will cost double or triple your budget.

There are some Chuwi, Telcast and some other exotic names - and brands, that can be bought for cheap, but I am not sure about the performance, and reliability.

I don't think you can buy a Laptop that will do ProRes for the 500€ mark new. I doubt even used might be a hard thing to accomplish. With one Node open well maybe. But that is so basic of edits it is hardly worth it.

It is only as of late they have picked up the pace on GPU's,and even then they are mostly on 17" Gamer Laptops that cost 1600 to 2000 bucks new. Maybe doing Proxies it works but. Resolve is a GPU hungry NLE when using a bunch of Nodes.

And there is No such thing as a Cheap Apple Laptop, let alone one that that has the Horsepower to do it. Most all cheap PC Laptops have the cheesy, cheap ass Hewlett Packard onboard Graphic Chip in them. You can't edit a 720p file with those LoL. Maybe a Old Apple laptop doing FCP? The Late 2011 Laptops have that processor in them or better. If you can find a late 2013 Laptop used for your cost you will be in business easy for FCPX.

Looks like the 2013 will work with Resolve!

https://www.apple.com/shop/question/answers/readonly/tag/mac/will-davinci-resolve-lite-run-on-the-new-13-inch-macbook-pro-i7/QUKTXXXXF4D9XT99P

Cheap one here. But only 4GB ram. https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Apple/OC1DS2XXXXXXC/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=Cj0KCQjw37fZBRD3ARIsAJihSr0oX0X8pBU2Ln8em0sLkunU-KAjpmIgYOANXyZQpExNHo-9M9-SbCMaAhymEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Final Cut Pro X System Requirements

Minimum Requirements to run:

OS X v10.11.4 or later.

4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K)

OpenCL-capable graphics card or. • Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later.

256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K and 3D titles)

4.15GB of disk space.