DJI Mavic Pro II

wolf33d

The commercial (and all the videos by various youtubers that were there) are amazing, but the product itself.. it feels like it's just there so you can tag #anamorphicdrone on your instagram post. I don't see any difference in the day shots, and about night shots.. I don't think I've shot bright light sources shining directly into the lens at night with my drone. 

changemymind?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

The commercial (and all the videos by various youtubers that were there) are amazing, but the product itself.. it feels like it's just there so you can tag #anamorphicdrone on your instagram post. I don't see any difference in the day shots, and about night shots.. I don't think I've shot bright light sources shining directly into the lens at night with my drone. 

changemymind?

i have the letus gopro anamorphic 1.33. I think their  more subtle than your traditional 2 x anamorphic. maybe because as i understand it they are only compressing horizontally unlike your normal 2 x anamorphic. the other thought i have about them is that their modern lens with modern coatings which i presume makes them more neutral. But that's just my two cents worth. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Damn all these footages make me want to sell my still good Mavic Pro and get a Mavic 2! I just dont get enough a chance to fly a drone to warrant a more expensive one

there is no comparison between them in my opinion, in everything: image quality, flying experience, safety (if I had the older one I would have lost it 2-4 times already). It was very hard to mix and match footage from the old one with bigger cameras, now it is a lot better, and the variable aperture offer some more creative opportunities (it is still wise to go from 4-5.6f though, but still it is something).

It is kind of expensive, if you add everything you need and the extra batteries, and still a bit rough in the edges (in image quality), but still makes the older Phantom ones look like something from the stone age, and the IQ is quite similar. Mavic Pro original was already terrible back then, I know because I was hiring Phantom operators to do our aerial footage, now we hire people with Inspire to do the more complicated things, but establishing shots and simple stuff, that I can do.

They still havent updated their shit app to support the S10, a major flagship phone. It's going to be a year soon, I couldn't even fly the drone without it restarting my phone mid-flight.. now they increased their price $230 ?. They expect a raise after getting extremely lazy, so many threads of people complaining since March (they saw and replied they are working on it..). It used to only be a very short period of time until they supported new devices. Then when you fix the barrel distortion, it actually decreases image quality quite a bit in testing. 

They really need some competition.

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

They still havent updated their shit app to support the S10, a major flagship phone. It's going to be a year soon, I couldn't even fly the drone without it restarting my phone mid-flight.. now they increased their price $230 ?. They expect a raise after getting extremely lazy, so many threads of people complaining since March (they saw and replied they are working on it..). It used to only be a very short period of time until they supported new devices. Then when you fix the barrel distortion, it actually decreases image quality quite a bit in testing. 

They really need some competition.

Competition is already here: https://***URL removed***/news/6887022560/yuneec-announces-typhoon-h3-drone-co-engineered-with-leica

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

I saw this too, yesterday or the day before.  But, Curiously, there is very little or insufficient  information regarding the drone, except the press release. The only footage seems to be the timelapse, and that too provides no indication of anything. Also, how large is this drone. Is it even pocketable. Does it fold quickly and small? 

5 hours ago, androidlad said:

Seems serious enough. Of course we still have to see their type files and quality to be sure that can stand aside Mavic 2Pro .

I hope they go well as we may see a serious competitor for inspire 2/X5s/X7 

4 hours ago, sanveer said:

I saw this too, yesterday or the day before.  But, Curiously, there is very little or insufficient  information regarding the drone, except the press release. The only footage seems to be the timelapse, and that too provides no indication of anything. Also, how large is this drone. Is it even pocketable. Does it fold quickly and small? 

There's a review here with some sample footage:

Obviously it's the 1'' sensor and the identical price that puts that in line with Mavic2 pro.

Of course fly abilities, record function and most important compact form of Mavic2 pro should be on the table too as this unit is a far from be a portable solution.

At the end is the image that counts .