DJI Mavic Pro II

wolf33d

On 9/20/2018 at 7:45 PM, Emanuel said:

Robert or any other Mavic Pro II buyer, can do me a favor and give me the exact weight as accurate and real one and not on the paper? I am interested to know if it is under 900g because of new EU regulations. Thanks (E : -)

605 grams for the drone with props on. 295 grams for the battery. So 900 grams total on my weight scale.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

850g with battery, gimbal cover and micro SD and props.

That's a big difference, you may want to check your scale (DJI announces 907 grams with battery and props).

By the way, DJI just released a chart to correct the distortion when shooting in h.265/10 bits mode. It just showed up in the lastest manual version 1.2

courbure.png

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, wolf33d said:

Worst bullish I have seen in a long time. I liked this guy videos, but now I will be more carefull. T

- First of all, the sharpness on the MP2 should be turned to +1 because they have turned down the digital sharpness compared to previous drone.
- Secondly, the guy uses AF which is known to suck. Just go MF and click on infinity symbol and all your footages will look sharp and no focus issue. Someone tells him? 
- Third and MOST important: the diffraction on the MP2 is enormous past F5.6. Best sharpness is achieved at 2.8, and best corner sharpness at F/4. Sweet overall spot is F/4. Shoot in either manual either aperture priority and always between 2.8 and F4. I am sure the aperture was higher in his shot. 

Do the 3 steps above, re-compare, and the guy will order again the Mavic. When you put out videos like this for the world and you are popular you should do the work properly. 

Picture from the Pro 2 from this weekend. Shot in JPG. 
InkedDJI_0043_LI.thumb.jpg.b9ab9534591a3d6c3ce398ecbed4d2f0.jpg

Is this picture supposed to be a good example? Imo is not that great.. but I don't know the conditions that it was taken... there is no detail on it... 

A somewhat similar picture form P4p (still not that great but better than the above):DJI_0098.thumb.jpg.fa834f015a0f2774c36c8a399a662f8a.jpg

22 hours ago, gt3rs said:

Is this picture supposed to be a good example? Imo is not that great.. but I don't know the conditions that it was taken... there is no detail on it... 

A somewhat similar picture form P4p (still not that great but better than the above):DJI_0098.thumb.jpg.fa834f015a0f2774c36c8a399a662f8a.jpg

I do agree with you here. Essentially @wolf33d has shot a high dynamic range photo in jpeg (and I think raised the shadows in post.)

This reflects a bit more what the sensor is capable of in stills - taken about 30 minutes ago - and certainly not as pretty as your guys photos.

314056039_sunset(1of1).thumb.jpg.c53fab2057d63ee626d7d382dea24ccd.jpg

The full sized file (2 shot panorama) can be downloaded here....

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arx347dcSG470WQBMzybeJo_3Yp0

(The full sized image might look a little oversharpened at 1:1 but I did that in post.)

1 hour ago, Robert Collins said:

I have always found this guy very reliable when it comes to Mavic videos, so I think this one is worth a look....

Word of caution: He is flogging some neat video noise profiles and some D Log LUTs for the Mavic 2, so if you find that sort of thing irritating in youtube videos, it is best avoided...

He is the best. Was waiting for his mavic 2 video Thanks for posting. 

"Waiting for my MP2, to me allot of footage on YouTube looks unfocussed/ unsharp, not sure if this is focus issue or sharpness setting, but will try for myself with sharpness +1, can always use neatvideo to process the video assuming that my computer is doing a better job than the new MP2."

Says Tiny video there on YT comments section. Really tiny indeed...

I wonder what kind of certain people have learned about pictures along their own course of life.

Pardon my intolerance but there should be rules to forbid some kind of minds to give to the world anything lensed by them... Pity.

I held off on buying the drone because I also saw images that were way too soft. I tested today with 4k 23.976p h.265 10 bit. These are two screenshots, one with sharpening at 0 and the other with +1 (f/4). Might have been mentioned in this thread, but +1 sharpening gets rid of their in camera noise reduction. (screens are from an h.264 export with curve adjustment)

I found the image to be acceptable with the right settings. 

0 Sharpening

m2p0.thumb.jpg.613dc9b9b3db0606ef522b5c1d9a98fa.jpg

+1 Sharpening

806580505_m2p1.thumb.jpg.5ff7f6ec8cd9a12a76e07fcf2146b063.jpg

• 2 weeks later...