DJI Mavic Pro II

wolf33d

6 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

...And that he has already crashed it...

LoL, very true! He is like me, hard on equipment. I use stuff as a tool, not as something to just be admired at. I don't intentionally kill it, but I beat on it LoL.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/7/2018 at 2:31 AM, ntblowz said:

https://www.droningon.co/2018/07/06/dji-mavic-pro-2-makes-first-appearance/

The camera/gimbal unit is removable, so like gopro karma it can be used on osmo?

There is quite a bit of speculation that you can already see the gimbal with a second camera in the photo here....

dji-mavic-2-leak.jpg.365f5e80344ea816037eb61bbb959a9b.jpg

Which seems to match Ositalv claim of a US$249 hand held gimbal for a Mavic 2 camera here....

DhkaryCUEAAIAQC.thumb.jpg.5cf552aa0179a9d78157453e6d30933b.jpg

My prediction:

dji mavic 2 and Mavic Pro 2

the one in the image is a Mavic 2 With its silver bands. It has the bigger sensor Mavic Pro 2 caméra attached to it. 

On the gimbal on the side there is the smaller Mavic 2 camera. They will be interchangeable. 

Mavic 2 same price a pro 1 and Mavic Pro 2 1300

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Latest leak, Mavic 2 Zoom with 2X Optical zoom (24mm-48mm) and Mavic 2 Pro with 1" sensor, with 44mph top speed

37925495_10156276531956265_7529693619737853952_n.jpg

Somewhere in the same catalogue or one of the leaks I saw some Hasselblad connection. I hope that hasn't jacked up the prices of the 1inch sensor due to that. 

I believe an 1" sensor on such a portable drone is a game changer. Since the beginning of the drone revolution I was waiting for something like this. The latest rumors were talking about a smaller sensor, but these now are extremely good news.

Do you people believe that the zoom lens on a smaller sensor is a good selling point, or the 1" version is the one to get?

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

Do you people believe that the zoom lens on a smaller sensor is a good selling point, or the 1" version is the one to get?

I would think you could zoom in post easy 2x and even more. So yeah I would go with the 1" one. And how often would you even zoom anyways without it looking goofy? I am not too sure zooming with movement is a good idea anyways. They are really never perfectly still even when hovering. But I can't say I have seen it used often, or at all I guess. So...

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

I would think you could zoom in post easy 2x and even more. So yeah I would go with the 1" one. And how often would you even zoom anyways without it looking goofy? I am not too sure zooming with movement is a good idea anyways. They are really never perfectly still even when hovering. But I can't say I have seen it used often, or at all I guess. So...

I think the 'zoom camera' will have some 'auto modes' that will be pretty fancy and appeal to people who dont want to do a lot of editing. For instance, they mention 'dolly zoom' in the specs which is pretty fancy on the basis that you have to move the drone while zooming.

Still I would think the 1 inch is the one to go for. Based on the shape of the lens, I am guessing that the 'zoom' doesnt have aperture control while the 'pro' does.

2 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I think the 'zoom camera' will have some 'auto modes' that will be pretty fancy and appeal to people who dont want to do a lot of editing. For instance, they mention 'dolly zoom' in the specs which is pretty fancy on the basis that you have to move the drone while zooming.

Still I would think the 1 inch is the one to go for. Based on the shape of the lens, I am guessing that the 'zoom' doesnt have aperture control while the 'pro' does.

Good points. I guess we will soon see. Yeah tech is moving at a scary rate as of late. God only knows what is possible anymore.

The Anafi is 699euros by the way, and Parrot says it has losseless 2.8X zoom. Maybe that is why DJI waited a bit more for the official announcement. Maybe the zoom is a selling point for some people and DJI wanted to cover all angles.