Post photos of your anamorphic rig!

Andrew Clunie

Hello all. I’m awaiting my isco pre36 in the post, but was surprised to see very little photos of them rigged up (specifically on Sony a7 cams). Andrew has a few nice photos for sure on his mkiii, and I’ve seen others floating around.. but I just wanted to see how others rigged theirs, and what it looked like. I figured I’d start a thread to see what rigs looked like in general (for reference in case it interested anyone.. it’s also just nerd fulfilment). I can start to get the ball rolling, although this is no longer my rig (I sold it the other day). I’m hoping my isco setup will be much more compact, and nicer to look at. 

So; post up any anamorphic rig you have. Iscorama pre/36/cinegon specifically desirable to me, but any setup welcome!

59F12940-E3A5-49E3-8087-0DF81967E2F3.jpeg

2CDD7F63-EC1C-4524-810D-562C3A73B651.jpeg

D40C450C-40B1-4585-9DF5-E22F82603F3B.jpeg

0383A4A0-73E0-46C7-81BF-30CB0916B645.jpeg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Me, my crew and my gear in extreme conditions (-24 celsius). I don’t have better images from my setup but I could take one someday at the studio. GH5 with modified FM Lens (Kowa 8z inside) minolta pancake 45 2.8 taking lens, smallhd focus monitor, some different branded rig parts. I am quite satisfied with this setup. GH5 and image stabilization with anamorphic lenses is just great! Really like that I can do even rough handheld work with my anamorphic setup with a great results!

Photos by my talented gaffer Eetu Keränen.

E805CABF-41A9-48E8-8BB4-4E13CC71F948.jpeg

6D99C2E9-D29A-4C7D-BE0D-CA99F6A43050.jpeg

AED42CE5-0575-40FA-9391-4EDEA885B1B7.jpeg

FA910246-DB1C-464C-BAFD-57F3460D459B.jpeg

Nice contributions so far guys.. keep em coming!

I just got my pre36 and have rigged it up. Definitely missing the flares from my now sold Sun 2x.. the isco flares in such a boring way.. but the trade off is sharpness, resolution, form factor, and just about everything else ! I’m sure I’ll learn to love the isco flaring, but from my testing so far, it seems a little too ‘clinical’. 

Anyway, here’s a photo;

71B30281-5544-4D81-91AF-261C6A1F8931.jpeg

Introducing my DIY synchronized double follow focus system for ISCO 2x ULTRA STAR and Biometar 2.8 80mm. Actually it can work with any taken lenses. You just need to print another gear for the lens and calibrate it with three buttons. Also you can use even another adapter. Then you need to reprint all the holders and gears. It is quite noisy. I guess I have to find another silent motors. But look how it works. 

https://youtu.be/XT2UbgYFvlI

9B4F554C-2541-4F5E-B4A6-25FD0317097C.jpeg

F27BB0E3-94D5-4421-9551-7CD91C325FE9.jpeg

29813440-C93E-40FF-A1D3-C6D477495853.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Andrew Clunie said:

That looks beautiful ?

Do you have anything you’ve shot it with? And how are you finding the camera? 

Haven't really had the chance to shoot anamorphic nor with the Terra, as I got a job in for a commercial production company where we rock the EVA-1. But I am loving the image from it indeed. Borrowed it to a friend who shot some really lovely stuff with that exact setup, will upload when the cut is ready.

7 hours ago, SigurdW said:

Haven't really had the chance to shoot anamorphic nor with the Terra, as I got a job in for a commercial production company where we rock the EVA-1. But I am loving the image from it indeed. Borrowed it to a friend who shot some really lovely stuff with that exact setup, will upload when the cut is ready.

Please do, i’d love to see it. I really would love the terra... maybe slightly out of my current price range, and might just get the a7siii... but the images look incredible. My next pick would be the ursa mini 4.6k, but it’s just too big.

Am also wondering if the terra could fly on the crane 2 (or more likely ronin s), stripped back (with only the battery grip) and a small anamorphic setup like the pre-36 and pancake.

2 hours ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

GH5, SB XL, zeiss 58mm, iscomorphot 16 x2, CoreDNA

isco.jpg

isco 2.jpg

This one looks really nice setup!

I have few questions about it if you don't mind...

1) Your setup isn't vignetting at all with the SB XL & 58mm taking lens?

2) What are those wooden side handles? On the left one you can control record&shutter buttons remotely, right?

3) What is that custom named anamorphic housing solution?

4) Have you managed to get the center of gravity with GH5+BG vs heavy anamorphic setup in the front? I mean is it balanced in your hand when you grab the top handle?

5) What is total weight with your setup?

23 hours ago, Teemu said:

This one looks really nice setup!

I have few questions about it if you don't mind...

1) Your setup isn't vignetting at all with the SB XL & 58mm taking lens?

no it's not, only when using +2.66 diopters at closest focus (because these diopters are huge)

2) What are those wooden side handles? On the left one you can control record&shutter buttons remotely, right?

Yes, they are handmade

3) What is that custom named anamorphic housing solution?

it's by rapido

4) Have you managed to get the center of gravity with GH5+BG vs heavy anamorphic setup in the front? I mean is it balanced in your hand when you grab the top handle?

fully balanced, does not tip over

5) What is total weight with your setup?

i don't know