Canon C100 Under exposed

Paul Howard

Hi Ive recently moved from a Canon XA10 to a Canon C100 Mk1. Yesterday I was shooting a presentation with a Samyang 24mm T1.5 lens The C100 was CP locked. I kept an eye on the inbuilt light metre and kept it on the centre mark most of the time by adjusting the aperture keeping the ISO native at 850. However, when I edit the rushes after applying a Canon Log lut all the footage is very underexposed with the highlights at well below 50 lumens. I can bring it up in post on what I might be doing wrong if anything?

Thanks in advance

Paul Howard

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 14.03.27.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Paul Howard

When shooting, don't use the "meter" -- it probably told you when the white background was exposed at 18% grey.  Instead, use zebras and/or a histogram and/or a waveform.

By the way, if you shot a robust enough codec, you probably can get a decent final image from this footage with a little noise reduction.  What does the image look like before you apply the lut?