Sign in to follow this  
squig

AKG C480 B ULS Microphone Pre-amp/power module

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I am quite happy with my AKG mics, using an CK93 hypercardiod with this. 

93 or 63?

I've got 2 JW modded C460B's with CK63 hyper caps, an Audix SCX1-HC, and an NTG3. And I’ve still got the NTG1 and NT3 I bought and used at film school! Figured I should stop hoarding mics and start making films.

I do really like the C480B, but I like the character of the JW mod C460B better. I bought the C480B a week before I found the modded C460B's I'd been looking for. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet, it's an awesome mic, and they're bloody expensive new.

I've listed the C480B and the CK61 separately.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153078442697?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153078444318?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

32 minutes ago, squig said:

93 or 63?

Ah whoops! I meant to say 63 of course. 

But I do have both the CK93 and the CK63

Audix SCX1-HC

I have one of those arriving very soon too (or maybe it already has... who knows, I have a lot of unboxing to do!).

I bought the C480B a week before I found the modded C460B's I'd been looking for.

Darn it, hate when that happens! 
You are thinking "I don't need this because I just bought that other thing while I was waiting, buuuuuuttttt......"

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I have one of those arriving very soon too (or maybe it already has... who knows, I have a lot of unboxing to do!).

Darn it, hate when that happens! 
You are thinking "I don't need this because I just bought that other thing while I was waiting, buuuuuuttttt......"

The Audix sounds great, has a bottom end boost over the AKGs, dialogue sounds more upfront than the C480B, more like the JW C460B, and it's freaking tiny.

Hey, is there a field recording thread?