Panasonic camera hack, with 10bit 4444, The Digital Super 8 Bolex

PannySVHS

On 10/15/2019 at 11:53 PM, BenEricson said:

Yeah, but the audio from the vx and soft desaturated highlights still compete with what is available now. It's just such a good all in one package. I also think that skateboarding undeniably looks better in 4:3. 

Perhaps, although it's not the reason VX got popular at the time (that's something that people waffle on about now more than anything). I'd disagree anyway, in my opinion VX doesn't sound impressive and you can get the same with many mics or filters if you know what you're doing. I also don't think VX highlights or IQ are anything to write home about.
I would agree though that fisheye in a 4:3 aspect makes the most sense for the way it is used when following someone doing lines. 

• 4 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

bump, this' not for the dump. @tktagmedia bought the last Andromeda and has been filming with it ever since, no time for showing up here again. One new EOSHD user contacted me with PM, wanting to sell me his camera. I asked him to put it on ebay, for a safe transaction. He did not come around to send me an answer. Nobody will sell theirs, I am sure now. 3CCD RAW glory with a stabilized Pana Leica lens, all in a legendary body. Anway, did I say bump? Bump!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Not that much really. Just keeping this thread to bump up as top news. This camera deserves it. I mean I do. Bump, the heck, bump! :)

Well, I hope someone might trade your theirs for 3 rolls of toilet paper and a half used hand sanitizer perhaps.

44 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Well, I hope someone might trade your theirs for 3 rolls of toilet paper and a half used hand sanitizer perhaps.

Don't be silly, if you're that rich you're not going to buy an Andromeda with those riches, you could afford a used Arri Alexa Mini with that!

You rascalas, don´t underestimate the power of 3ccd raw magic, with stabilized leica lens. Well I allow the universe to accept the HPX250 as almost equal. I missed out on one couple months ago on ebay, which went for less than 500EU. Seems like I won´t bump this again. Anyhow, I downloaded the software from this thread. So I got a Andromeda on the software side, only one missing part is that bit of hardware.:)

• 3 years later...
On 6/18/2018 at 5:51 PM, PannySVHS said:

Darn!:( :) Anyone on this forum ever filmed with a DVX Andromeda? I would find it very exiting, having a great form factor, CCDs,  that nice 10x servo zoom plus, NDs, plus that awesome 720p raw! Looking at the footage, I am very impressed. Beautiful CCD image plus a nice camera. How wouldnt I like that!

The Super8 Digital Bolex for sure!

I shot a low-budget feature in the summer of 2006, I believe we were among the first to use the Andromeda DVX mod. It was... burdensome... though the footage looked great... at times. Our issue was we also used a Redrock Micro spinning ground glass adapter, and that device added at times too much "grain" and was a nightmare keeping focused/backfocused.

I would complain about being tethered to a laptop (and the firewire connection did occasionally drop) but many of the most high-end digital systems at that time also had huge "digital mags" or needed to be tethered to a recording deck... I would hate using this camera today but at the time it felt revolutionary.