SONY A6300 Horrible 4k Details And Pixelation

Senhel

Hello! I have such a terrible problem with my Sony a6300!

In details: I notice that something wrong with my a6300! When I record video in 4K XAVC (any framerate) and simply when I have motion in frame, video starts falling apart, pixelation appears everywhere, I feel like I record 480p but NO, this is still 4K!

I attach frame from video when this thing happening! PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT CAN BE :(

dd8f216cb99d4870843e67b3137c5e0e

e1612a7f3202405e8f8e004ecdc096ec

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Have you tried a different SD card?

It looks like it might be a video file on the edge of being corrupt.

Other things to try:

• unplug any external accessories that are attached
  • if you have access to a second setup, try different lenses, different batteries, etc
  • re-load firmware for camera, lenses, and batteries (not sure if these batteries have firmware but some do)

Good luck!

Can you:

1) Post a short clip on youtube, and / or

2) Post a short clip to dropbox and share it so we can download and take a look at it?

What program are you looking at it?

To me, it looks like whatever program you are using is sharpening it very much.

@webrunner5

The rolling shutter on the a6300 / a6500 that if it were a whip pan - even in slow motion - the trees would be horizontal instead of vertical. Hey, wait a minute, maybe that's the answer to the rolling shutter problem; shoot in portrait mode and pan...

On 6/15/2018 at 1:12 AM, Senhel said:

Hello! I have such a terrible problem with my Sony a6300!

In details: I notice that something wrong with my a6300! When I record video in 4K XAVC (any framerate) and simply when I have motion in frame, video starts falling apart, pixelation appears everywhere, I feel like I record 480p but NO, this is still 4K!

I attach frame from video when this thing happening! PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT CAN BE :(

dd8f216cb99d4870843e67b3137c5e0e

e1612a7f3202405e8f8e004ecdc096ec

This problems appears in your video player too, or only in your NLE? FCPX and Resolve is tend to show lower resolution freeze frame than it really is after export!

12 hours ago, kye said:

Have you tried a different SD card?

It looks like it might be a video file on the edge of being corrupt.

Other things to try:

• unplug any external accessories that are attached
  • if you have access to a second setup, try different lenses, different batteries, etc
  • re-load firmware for camera, lenses, and batteries (not sure if these batteries have firmware but some do)

Good luck!

Thank you Kye, I will try!

8 hours ago, s.matson said:

Are you in 4k 30?  Do you have “clear image zoom” or the digital zoom on?  I’ve noticed the combo of 30fps and zoom really affects quality on the a6300.

It was 25fps without "CIZ".

8 hours ago, hmcindie said:

That's normal especially if the iso is a bit up. It will pixelate, it will breakup if you freeze frames in motion.

It was 100 ISO lol, and why on my Panasonic G7 I don't have any problems when I freeze frame in motion, all clear and crisp without any pixelate.

11 hours ago, Deadcode said:

This problems appears in your video player too, or only in your NLE? FCPX and Resolve is tend to show lower resolution freeze frame than it really is after export!

This is appears everywhere, in video player, in Premiere Pro and obviously after export all the same.