Best Mirrorless Camera?

User

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/13/2018 at 4:20 AM, User said:

Is the Fuji XT (something) a smart investment on the road ahead. Lenses? Good video would be a bonus. Any thoughts?

I'd think so. They are great cameras, the shutter is not too loud and even the cheaper cameras have the silent shutter. With around 1/30s they aren't the fastest, but that's only a problem with special lighting.

The handling is great, the color out of came are gorgeous and skin tones are nice. Doesn't have to be the X-T2, you can also go for X-T20 or X-E3, very good cameras! 

If you ever want to hear something special, take a look at the X-H1's shutter. 

But of course, Sony, Panasonic and Olympus make great cameras too. 

16 hours ago, cantsin said:

I used the term "objectively" referring to objective measurements like resolution, low-light capabilities and signal/noise ratio. Nothing beats Sony's modern full frame sensors in that respect.

Again, there's no doubt Sony is at the forefront of sensor tech, but the D850 sensor combines all the good stuff across the A7R3 and the A9, so I wouldn't say that Sony is the only game in town. 

16 hours ago, cantsin said:

And, yes, Fuji beats them in the subjective departments, but their sensors are the same that Sony uses in its APS-C mirrorless cameras, only with a different color filter and a different (better) JPEG engine.

If you use Raw converters (like RawTherapee and DxO) that can use 100% their own color science on a raw image, color rendering differences between two camera manufacturers are nearly invislbe.

I do shoot RAW, and I am talking about RAW. There is a subtle but noticeable difference in the way Fuji RAWs handle colour that is different from other manufacturers, this is true for LR and Capture One. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2018 at 10:20 PM, User said:

I've recently been roped in as a set photographer. I was using the ancient mirror-slappin' 5DM2 (with a decent collection of Canon lenses)... so no shooting during sound recording.

Until now I've paid relatively little attention to the mirrorless market for photography... the other set photographer was packing a Fuji XT something.

Is the Fuji XT (something) a smart investment on the road ahead. Lenses? Good video would be a bonus. Any thoughts?

Mostly I see Fuji on set. Some Sony and some Olympus (EM1 Mk2)

Olympus can do 60FPS RAW in silent and have ProCap, basically a stills buffer if you’re trying to get an action event. (Capture frames BEFORE you hit the shutter release)

Sony is better in low light and for resolution (post crops).  Olympus is better for native lens reach, better IBIS (lower shutter speeds in low light), smaller, cheaper, lighter weight and better weatherproofing. I think also better rolling shutter because the sensor is smaller (faster integration time)

jb