GH5s anamorphic short

AaronChicago

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 hours ago, Dustin said:

@AaronChicago Wow that looked killer! Tripod, monopod, gimbal or handheld? Also that shot where the actress is walking were you following her in a car window? Looks really cinematic to my eye- great job!

Tripod mostly. I used handheld on a sandbag out of a car window for the following shot.

15 hours ago, mercer said:

Very cool idea. I like how you followed her smoke to introduce the other character.  

My only critique would be to slow the pan up to sell the transition of time. 

Thanks man. Actually I wasn't implying a transition of time. I wanted to make it hyper-dubious. She just shows up out of nowhere with no warning!

What PL adapter did you use? Did the rental house list the anamorphic lenses per piece or by set. As all rental houses over here only list them as a set. But I would be happy with just one if the price goes down 3times. Would love to hook one of these babies to my UMP. 

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

Thanks man. Actually I wasn't implying a transition of time. I wanted to make it hyper-dubious. She just shows up out of nowhere with no warning!

This is where suspension of disbelief comes into play. Due to the stylized nature of the short, I buy it, but for a second, I did think how did she get into the back seat of the car so fast. Either way great directorial hand and ideas in such a small, simple piece!!!

10 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

What PL adapter did you use? Did the rental house list the anamorphic lenses per piece or by set. As all rental houses over here only list them as a set. But I would be happy with just one if the price goes down 3times. Would love to hook one of these babies to my UMP. 

I used Metabones PL to MFT. Where do you live? I can give you some good references for rental houses that ship individual anamorphics. It’s pretty much the same situation in Chicago where they want you to rent the set.

7 hours ago, AaronChicago said:

I used Metabones PL to MFT. Where do you live? I can give you some good references for rental houses that ship individual anamorphics. It’s pretty much the same situation in Chicago where they want you to rent the set.

Thanks for the info! Well I live in Belgium, so not that much rental houses over here :)