Available now - EOSHD Pro Audio

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

EOSHD-Pro-Audio-Banner-V4.png

Drag and drop film sound design

EOSHD Pro Audio is a preset library for Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro X, allowing complete control over camera audio in post.

Developed with a professional studio engineer in Berlin, the concept of EOSHD Pro Audio is unique. It is designed to fix common audio issues with internal stereo mics on DSLR and mirrorless cameras in an innovative way, as well as offering cinematic moods for specific scenes and shots – like LUTs for audio.

Check it out - https://www.eoshd.com/pro-audio/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thank you for the hard work, but you have to widen your knowledge in this area before releasing this kind of package. Even the voiceover is poor quality to be representative for good sound processing. I bow before your skill in cinematography, but leave audio to someone else.

For beginners this package is awesome and very helpful, but these forums are not the place where you find your customers.

Clearly this package is pointing to people who has no advanced knowledge in sound editing with the need to release quickly their videos in the network, I think this is going to be a very helpful tool for them,  also it is very cheap, for the few who has real knowledge in this matter, there are other more advanced options....

I believe the people in "these forums" are exactly the ones that will find them helpful.

At least these are in the right direction and people with no sound experience at all, can improve their sound.

I am a professional soundman for 19 years, and I know that my experience, education and expertise can't be simulated on a few presets, but there is a huge percentage of video makers outhere -amateurs, one man bands, photogrpahers turn to video, cameramen not willing to hire a sound man, ultra low budget productions - that could be benefited for those presets.

There is an increasing attitude in this and other forums, that even camera's internal mics are sufficient for sound, at least now they have a few presets to back up their claims!

For the price, I see a lot of people invested on them. 

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

There is an increasing attitude in this and other forums, that even camera's internal mics are sufficient for sound, at least now they have a few presets to back up their claims!

Personally I'm against anything which encourages a decline in the standards of sound. 

Well personally I like having this option. Could not care less about spending tons of time on audio or hire someone, but as an amateur I care about improving easily audio of my videos. 

The thing I do not like is that in the video presentation even you andrew you don’t know which preset to use and the audio engineers corrects you and says no for this scene we should use this and this preset. Makes is counter productive as it’s supposed to be easy to use.

in the description you say you have to try and explore different preset. I am not gonna spend my time trying the thousands of possible combinations. 

So my main comment is please include a PDF that lists the best standard combination of presets for sets scenes and add a good description of each preset. For example say for street scene best combination is “noise reduction + xx + xx”. And as I said include a list that details what each presets do. 

No this might be included (did not purchase yet) but with you description I am under the impression that it is not the case and that one has to play with all presets at each scene which is defeating the purpose of a easy/quick fix for me. 

Once something like this (probably 1h work for your sound engineer to list those) is done, Ill buy the package. 

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Personally I'm against anything which encourages a decline in the standards of sound. 

Well, quite frankly, I guess Andrew's move goes exactly in and on the opposite direction : ) Reason why he actually earns our most sincere kudos, it doesn't matter where our personal professional (or not) ballpark is : -)

BTW PRO only means you do it for living or are getting paid off for.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Personally, I am against anything that is a roadblock for me to make a film.

Technology advances and in the not so distant future, all audio, at our level, will be captured in camera and it will be more than good enough for the intended outlet.

I don’t understand why anybody who champions the DSLR/Digital Revolution would be against technological improvements in audio, color, editing, cinematography, etc... but in the end it doesn’t matter... technology moves forward and resistance is futile.

Obviously, I would love to have a full sound crew, it would be one less thing for me to worry about. But you can’t always get what you want, so you deal with what you have. So, if these presets help to clean up some dicey audio... bring it on.

For me as a hobby filmmaker this could be very helpful, because I often find audio more difficult to manage than image. Many hobby filmmakers have the same problem.

I also think that a good description of when to use which preset would be very helpful and save time.

Bit like Waves "one knob" plugs - louder brighter etc. but always remember no one left a cinema whistling a 2 shot lol - interesting idea mate, but you want good sound get a sound engineer - if you need any more atmos I have petabytes lol stereo and multichannel (5.1 and B-Format)

• Administrators
20 hours ago, anax276 said:

For me as a hobby filmmaker this could be very helpful, because I often find audio more difficult to manage than image. Many hobby filmmakers have the same problem.

Well just as you can tune an image, you can tune audio.

If you are a professional audio engineer you are not the target audience for this. It's for filmmakers who want to get on with the shoot and edit, not learn how to use a compressor, EQ, etc.

That isn't to say Pro Audio is basic. It has a science behind it.

I also think that a good description of when to use which preset would be very helpful and save time.

I worked with an audio engineer to create this... He did the entire audio engineering side. I just guided the idea and overall concept to completion.

It comes with a guide that has a description of when to use which preset.

There seems to be a misunderstanding in this thread with some people who haven't used it, haven't even read the page on the blog, or watched the tutorial or listened through headphones. No effort in = no results out. But they still have an opinion on results. Interesting!

So my main comment is please include a PDF that lists the best standard combination of presets for sets scenes and add a good description of each preset. For example say for street scene best combination is “noise reduction + xx + xx”. And as I said include a list that details what each presets do. 

Erm. I did. But you don't need to combine presets like that anyway. You have Primers, which clean up audio. Colours which are like LUTs but for audio. And Bricks which can stack multiple on top of one another. Street scene noise reduction is actually a named preset, the work already done for you, finely tuned... so you don't need to add noise reduction + xxx + xxx.

9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Well just as you can tune an image, you can tune audio.

If you are a professional audio engineer you are not the target audience for this. It's for filmmakers who want to get on with the shoot and edit, not learn how to use a compressor, EQ, etc.

That isn't to say Pro Audio is basic. It has a science behind it.

I worked with an audio engineer to create this... He did the entire audio engineering side. I just guided the idea and overall concept to completion.

It comes with a guide that has a description of when to use which preset.

There seems to be a misunderstanding in this thread with some people who haven't used it, haven't even read the page on the blog, or watched the tutorial or listened through headphones. No effort in = no results out. But they still have an opinion on results. Interesting!

Erm. I did. But you don't need to combine presets like that anyway. You have Primers, which clean up audio. Colours which are like LUTs but for audio. And Bricks which can stack multiple on top of one another. Street scene noise reduction is actually a named preset, the work already done for you, finely tuned... so you don't need to add noise reduction + xxx + xxx.

Good. As I said I did not purchase it yet so this was a pre-comment. I am going to buy it when I get my new A7S III or if the BM 4K ships someday. 
As I said earlier I do not want to spend time with audio but look forward to have simple ways to improve it quickly with this type of presets. Looking forward to it. 

12 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

You have to understand there's sound pros with 20+ years experience on here. Listening to a noisy intro video spruiking (among others) a denoising preset doesn't inspire much confidence. If you have confidence in your product you should A) put the engineer's name to it, and B) get a film sound professional to review it.

• Administrators

Some of the "sound pros with 20+ years experience" could have at least helped with the beta version and offered their feedback in private rather than sniping baseless comments on the forum thread to discourage potential buyers. That would have been the polite thing to do.

I am with those beta testers who tried it, and liked it.

The rest of you, if you haven't tried it, your opinions are all totally invalid.

@Andrew Reid I think you're missing the point. The key issue isn't whether or not your tools are any good, it's: "It is designed to fix common audio issues with internal stereo mics on DSLR and mirrorless cameras".  Filmmakers and videographers should NEVER EVER record sound with internal mics. Decent external mics are very affordable these days. An easy hack (when you don't have the budget to boom) is to hang a mic off the end of your rig, I got a few lengths of aluminum underwater lighting arms for this. Alternatively solo operators can hire/buy radio mics.

9 hours ago, squig said:

@Andrew Reid I think you're missing the point. The key issue isn't whether or not your tools are any good, it's: "It is designed to fix common audio issues with internal stereo mics on DSLR and mirrorless cameras".  Filmmakers and videographers should NEVER EVER record sound with internal mics. Decent external mics are very affordable these days. An easy hack (when you don't have the budget to boom) is to hang a mic off the end of your rig, I got a few lengths of aluminum underwater lighting arms for this. Alternatively solo operators can hire/buy radio mics.

Honestly speaking, I really think you are the one who is 'missing the point' or 'are just simply out of touch'. You should start with the fact that you 'should never ever record sound with internal mics' and at least realize that companies include internal mics because 'people use them'.

And when you 'an easy hack'' 'I got a few lengths of aluminium underwater lighting arms for this' you have a strange way of thinking how the majority people are recording video nowadays (and it really has absolutely nothing to do with HOW anyone thinks people to should record video and sound for the best results. Rather like the 'if you want good sound employ a sound engineer' really is missing the point.)

The real world nowadays is far more like this....

... where you cant take a video straight out of camera, that is mostly in focus and use the internal mics (I was actually rather impressed with them - better than on my Panasonic) and easily good enough for my friends.

It seems to me your argument is along the lines of answering 'how would you improve the photos from my iphone?' by saying 'buy a DSLR.'

Seems to me that 5 years ago 'most people' didnt do video because it required 'manual focusing' 'stabilization' 'editing' 'sound engineers' - some sort of inherent masochism and that people are now 'getting into video' because it is becoming accessible.