Need good mics

mnewxcv

Hey guys, my crew and I are trying to step up the quality of our content and first priority is audio. We will be doing interviews and would like a high quality yet affordable wireless lav mic. If there are 2 or 4 packs, even better. Not opposed to wired lavs and wireless mic transmitters if that is the better solution. Also looking for feedback from anyone who has done interviews. Lastly, I will need an audio recorder that can take the wireless receivers, ideally 2 or 4 receivers at once and battery operated. Let me know what you guys think. 

On the camera side, I have my nx1, nx500, and a7sii at my disposal. I guess I should try to get a quality boom as well. Suggestions? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, mnewxcv said:

does no one here record audio with their videos?! ?

This subforum doesn't get as much traffic as the main forum. 

On 6/11/2018 at 4:54 AM, mnewxcv said:

We will be doing interviews and would like a high quality yet affordable wireless lav mic.

Sony UWP-D11 is the best "no budget" wireless. 
Next step up is a very large leap in cost, such as Lectrosonics/Wisycom/AudioLtd/Zaxcom/etc

You also may want to consider upgrading the stock lavs to OST Lavs. 

http://www.oscarsoundtech.com/services.html

On 6/11/2018 at 4:54 AM, mnewxcv said:

Lastly, I will need an audio recorder that can take the wireless receivers, ideally 2 or 4 receivers at once and battery operated. Let me know what you guys think. 

If you can wait a little then get the brand new Zoom F8n when it starts shipping. 

Otherwise, if on an extremely tight budget then get a Zoom F4 instead. 

http://ironfilm.co.nz/which-sound-recorder-to-buy-a-guide-to-various-indie-priced-sound-recorders-in-2017/

thanks for the responses! We ended up going with these:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1331757-REG/saramonic_rx9_tx9_tx9_uhf_wireless_lavalier_microphone.html

Basically a knock off of the sony. We used them yesterday and they worked well. I'm sure you get what you pay for, but as long as the wireless components hold up, I will swap the lavs themselves with a higher quality version.

As for recorders, thanks for the suggestion but I think we are looking for something more like zooms handy line. Any thoughts on h6n?

What we really need though is a cheap LED light kit. I see apurture has the new F7 out. Would a few of those be suitable for interviews using a bounce or diffusion?

• 3 weeks later...