Any ideas for a general-purpose zoom for MFT?

Mmmbeats

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I wasn't clear about which lenses and speed boosters you own and which ones you rented ?

I own the Metabones Speedbooster S, which is the precursor to the Ultra (and identical besides improved optics in the Ultra), and the Metabones T smart adaptor.

I rented the Metabones Speedbooster XL.

The S has been really planted on the front of my camera for years (first GH4, now GH5S).  I do occasionally use native lenses, but not often. 

The T I got, really as a result of this thread, though I don't like using it with my 18-35 as much as I thought I would.  For some reason (to do with geometry, DoF, whatever) the lens just doesn't draw so well with it, and loses some of it's magic.  Fortunately it has been great using it with my Samyang 85mm.  Turns it into a real telephoto beast - compact and lightweight with equivalent 170mm reach!

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, Mmmbeats said:

Yes, exactly.  Plus I'd need a new vari-ND as it has an 82mm filter size.

There's no doubt that that combo did a more than decent job in matching up to the 18-35mm and you'll get full mileage out of it if you go full frame as no one ever got fired for buying a 24-70mm f2.8!

2 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

There's no doubt that that combo did a more than decent job in matching up to the 18-35mm and you'll get full mileage out of it if you go full frame as no one ever got fired for buying a 24-70mm f2.8!

Thanks! Great point about the future-proofing.