ZCam E2 4k footage in the wild, including ungraded and 120fps

Trek of Joy

6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Unless you are thinking of opening a Colonoscopy Business, and need to stick this thing up peoples butts, I see no need for it for the crazy money they want..

That sorta crossed my mind of doing... was hoping to pair it with that one Laowa/Venus Optics lens... ?

Laowa-1024x683.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hopefully they push out a few review copies, the deep learning engine sounds pretty forward thinking along with h265, 10-bit, 120fps and such drops the hammer on everything below the FS5. The E1 got a lot better after the big FW update, I'm sure the same will happen with the E2 - but it needs to be polished out of the gate or it'll be doomed to bad press and the discount bin next year. If I had $1750 to throw around, I'd get one to tinker. Hopefully they've learned from the E1, and aren't pushing out an unfinished product in order to beat the Pocket 4k to market. I think the E1 would have been a bigger success if the initial release was as good as the current version.

Chris

5 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Surprised nobody's posted this yet, but there's more footage and original files to download.

120fps graded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7s7w21AWbu_ExvcluOTwk3A_-A1bsmU/view

120fps Zlog: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13flDM9StynsRi-DuaSHoihz1XBPGsG5V

Thanks, this sample is pretty decent, especially considering 120p... These guys behind ZCam seems to me very unpretentious, fool of naive but lovely self-assured enthusiasm... I'm really glad about their effort.

1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

Hopefully they push out a few review copies, the deep learning engine sounds pretty forward thinking along with h265, 10-bit, 120fps and such drops the hammer on everything below the FS5. The E1 got a lot better after the big FW update, I'm sure the same will happen with the E2 - but it needs to be polished out of the gate or it'll be doomed to bad press and the discount bin next year. If I had $1750 to throw around, I'd get one to tinker. Hopefully they've learned from the E1, and aren't pushing out an unfinished product in order to beat the Pocket 4k to market. I think the E1 would have been a bigger success if the initial release was as good as the current version.

Chris

If not used for anything narrative (the strong noise reduction and even worse sharpening), it might be quite ok...