Samsung NX1 Discontinued in Europe?

jackneeson

Hi,

There's a suggestion at DPReview, which does not usually go in for rumours unless it thinks they can be substantiated, that Samsung is no longer selling the NX1 in Europe. If true, anything currently on sale will be existing stock. What is certainly puzzling is Samsung's half hearted approach. Their cameras have been well received and the NX1 was no exception, receiving 87% and a gold award in DPReview's own appraisal, yet Samsung does not seem to have promoted it. I thought I might be able to see one at The Photography Show earlier this year, but Samsung was not there. Admittedly, there is not a huge range of lenses available and no new ones have been added recently, which begs the question why develop the camera if there is no commitment to introducing a complete system? Maybe there is a NX2 waiting in the wings, but that would suffer a similar fate unless Samsung changes its strategy.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
http://forums.croydoncameraclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1897
Product Video Production Services

Thank you. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
On 6/4/2018 at 11:57 PM, Mokara said:

What rock were you living under for the last two years? lol.

On the forum occasionally I've noticed advanced AI making posts, bots basically. This seems to be an example of that, it's quite clever.

I don't think Jack is a real user.

All very convincing...but everyone interested in the NX1 is aware it is not sold any more and that Samsung pulled out of the market.

• Super Members
11 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

On the forum occasionally I've noticed advanced AI making posts, bots basically. This seems to be an example of that, it's quite clever.

I don't think Jack is a real user.

All very convincing...but everyone interested in the NX1 is aware it is not sold any more and that Samsung pulled out of the market.

"Jack" copies his posts from other forums and then just pastes his spam link to the bottom. 

So, from PhotoBoothTalk.com we get this

2010888376_ScreenShot2018-06-07at12_41_07.thumb.jpg.aff0e4750051af50e26ed7a30c288503.jpg

Which ends up on here as this :

1974020783_ScreenShot2018-06-07at12_41_23.thumb.jpg.23bb1ee9367025316674fc7b464d5edb.jpg

I thought at first it was a human bot as in some poor soul in an underground shed getting paid fourpence an hour to do this manually but the lack of line breaks makes me think it is actually automated (badly).

At least "Jack" has the good grace to let us know he's an automaton repeating parrot fashion things he's lifted from other places and passing them off as his own thoughts on here though ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 11:31 AM, Andrew Reid said:

It is extremely easy to identify these bots thanks to the links they're using. 

There appears to always be at least two kinds of links with every post:
1) going back to the source material (as the bot couldn't write this by itself), which you could easily find via google anyway
2) a clearly totally unrelated link, which is the purpose of the bot, to spam these links all over the internet. 

Solution: ban the bots. If the threads are empty with no replies, then delete them. (but if they've created a bit of a discussion like this one, perhaps leave it running, but edit the top post from the OP)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he is a lost cousin of Michael Jackson.... Remember the Jackson five? Jackneeson is a kind of mixture between the Jackson family and Liam Neeson... It could also be the name of a new Samsung Camera... Just imagine, Samsung Jackneeson 2... uau!!!!!! 

Oh well, what the hell am I doing ;) At least you know that I'm for real, and not a bot... LOL