Easier 5D Mark III raw guide in 4 steps

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi,

I am mac user, try to prepare the card by error.

First, double click "macboot.command", it said need password? Then I ignore the password, run "MacBoot.class". Found the card location and prepare the card. Then it stated "c- retry with debug on for more information".

Please help, i think something wrong in my steps I did.

Thanks 

Hi,

I am mac user, try to prepare the card by error.

First, double click "macboot.command", it said need password? Then I ignore the password, run "MacBoot.class". Found the card location and prepare the card. Then it stated "c- retry with debug on for more information".

Please help, i think something wrong in my steps I did.

Thanks 

I had the same issue. I entered my computer admin password into the macboot.command window and then it successfully prepared the card. Now on to the next step..

Hi Andrew,

I installed everything and followed all the steps. But when i go into the trash menu I do not see a "raw video" button in the "movie" menu. I also get a "script dir missing" error

Do you perhaps know what it could be?

Im using a Lexar32gb 1000x card.

OK I'm getting beautiful raw footage, breathtaking, wow. 

Thank you for making this accessible Andrew by compiling this package. 

One thing I'm stumped by: I can convert the first file just fine using raw2dng, but all subsequent files give me this:

Error:

This ain't a lv_rec RAW file

ls: *.dng: No such file or directory
Nothing converted

Is it required to reset something between each take? 

Hi Andrew

I got it working by running the "load modules now..." and have the option of RAW video. I set the width and height to 1920 x 1080 but dont see a "start" record raw button anywhere. How do I start recording RAW?

If you have a new build you press the start/stop button like normal video.  Enable RAW recording in ML menu first though.

• Administrators

Yes, all of the ones I'm having this issue with are in excess of 2gb. You recommend shooting very short clips only? 

Look at the guide again, I've updated it with links to the newest version of Raw2DNG which fixes the 2GB bug.

Anyone have "Movie recording stopped automatically" for any shot over 15 seconds, even when "buffer full" is set to "skip frames"? Shooting 1920x1080, min. write speed required is 82.9mb/s. My Komputerbay 128GB and Lexar 128GB both get write speeds from 82.9-83mb/s, so I guess they're dipping just below the minimum write speed for that resolution?

Another question, when I record in raw all it's ok but when I want to stop the recording, I click on the recording button for stoping and the camera crash, she freeze and I need to take off the battery !

can you help me ?

Thank's again !!

It's ok for my last question :-)

Just another question !

Why I have dropped frames with a 1000x card 16go in 1980X1080 and 1280X720 in 24 and 25 fps ? 

I hope somebody can answer !

Thank you so much.