Now available - EOSHD Pro Color V4 HDR for Sony A7 III and A7R III

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 8/9/2018 at 8:55 AM, heart0less said:

Everything should be all right, but remember to use LUTs designed for Rec709. 

And, please, don't overdo it. LUTs are meant to slightly alter the colors/contrast and to make it more pleasing / fitting. Michael Bay does it wrong. 

Thanks! Can you recommend some LUT pack for rec709?

Today I made a quick test for a shooting next week. I want to use ProColor with my A7III and I'm very happy with the results. Here is a screenshot of one of the takes, straight from camera without any correction. A7III + Tamron 28-75, Procolor and natural light. 4K24p

005_a.png

20 minutes ago, Coiii said:

Today I made a quick test for a shooting next week. I want to use ProColor with my A7III and I'm very happy with the results. Here is a screenshot of one of the takes, straight from camera without any correction. A7III + Tamron 28-75, Procolor and natural light. 4K24p

Love the results!

Really punchy, saturated and full of energy.

What look are you aiming for?
For me, this looks good as it is.

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

Love the results!

Really punchy, saturated and full of energy.

What look are you aiming for?
For me, this looks good as it is.

Yeah, I made a video a few weeks ago with the A7SII, and now shooting with the A7III with Procolor was "daaaamn, this is way better than the A7SII" haha. I really liked the look of the location, it has good natural light and lots of color, it's perfect for a colorful work.

I'm not looking for a special LUT for this work (client it's happy with the results), but in a few weeks I have a fashion video for a shoes brand, so I'm looking for a more cinematic/desaturated look, something more commercial, more urban, so I want to test some LUTS, or maybe buy a package for future works. Also I don't want to shoot on any LOG profile because I had some awful results in the past (I know that a skilled colorist can make magic with A7 series + SLOG, but I'm not that skilled haha)

On 8/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, Gregormannschaft said:

Love this, so impressive and wonderful colours. The only technical downside I can see is slightly difficult highlight rolloff, but that's nitpicking. 

I'm curious, I love the movement in this, were you using a glidecam for a lot of the shots? Gimbals have become so impressive but the movement is smooth and has a very natural feeling.

This looks great. U really caught some lovely moments in this. What lenses were u using? Manual focus?

On 8/14/2018 at 11:59 PM, Scopitones said:

This looks great. U really caught some lovely moments in this. What lenses were u using? Manual focus?

Thanks! Sony 16-35mm f4, SLR Magic 35mm 1.2, Sony 55m 1.8, and Canon 135mm f2. AF for the gimbal stuff and manual for pretty much everything else

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Available to buy now - click here for details

Cameras and displays have come a long way since the old standard definition Rec.709 standard came to be.

From today, Sony's colour science now gets EOSHD's cinematic overhaul on the A7 III and A7R III.

Read the full article

Please, which one picture profile is used in Sony A7III?

Does anyone also had the problem with the titles in FCPX? 

Everything seems so appear darker, greyer while working with the wide gamut workspace and the HGL Profile ?

The color and dynamic ist pretty nice, but the workflow with the new V4 gives me headache... I regret it to try this one out in my project instead of the V3 

On 7/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, Drew Allegre said:

I must be daft, because I can't seem to get the "PP2" HLG3 clips to show up correctly in an FCPX (10.4.3) timeline.  What's strange is that the thumbnails for the clips look too bright in the media pane.  However, they show the correct levels when I scrub the clip in the media pain, but then it goes back to the incorrect brighter levels when I drop the clip into the timeline.  

I do have "Show HDR as raw values" in Preferences.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Check out my post in this thread 

Hi, I'm having this problem using hlg3 in a Rec.709 color space in an A7iii - found this thread while trying to fix it. Turns out there's a bug in FCPX 10.4 that causes it to pick the wrong color space for some clips - the fix is to go to the settings tab in the inspector and select Rec.709 in the "color space override" drop-down. Sorted it for me :0)

Hi.
I bought the EOSHD Pro Color V4 HDR a few days ago, and I'm happy with the PP1 (EOSHD Pro Color V4).
But I do have some concerns with the pp2 (EOSHD Pro Color HDR).
The shots looked correct exposed in camera and on the "import preview", but on the time line
the pp2 is way over exposed.

-the “Show HDR As Raw Values” is set in the preferences and I dubble checked correct values for pp2.

The only way to get pp2 to look god was to change the "color mode = 709" to "color mode = BT.2020" in camera
and then set the "color space override to Rec.2020" in the FCPX Inspector for the clip.
But this doesn't seem to be the correct way to do it according to the instructions.
Any suggestions?

I'm using:
Sony A7III, FCPX 10.4.3, iMac 5k.

Hi guys i bought the a7iii sony profiles but how do i actually match the sony a7iii to canon prolost or neutral in post? i am having a hard time matching, side by side the prolost looks nothing like the profiles i have just bought from Andrew? Am i being stupid? 

Ok so pro colour v4 pp2 setting with canon 6dii prolost/neutral all down sharpness sats contrast, side by side add a little fast colour white balance to both then add a little unsharp mask to canon clip with added sats and great looks ok pretty damn good although the sony pro colour looks slightly more reddish orange but play around with white balance and gets dam close. anyone chip in here for better settings?

Some frames from a shoot I did this week. All shot on various Pro Color profiles (with some of my own tweaks here and there)

below are frames from two a7iii’s using a customized version of EOSHD ProColor V4 PP1. 

E3913E18-E676-414B-8745-684F4BB7436E.jpeg

8B173404-B0A5-4FCC-84BB-518E209DF8EB.jpeg

And below is a6300 on the tight shot and a7sii on the wide. Both using EOSHD ProColor 3.0

8D75AAD3-DB94-4D12-B4E1-4DC4D7E72CF3.jpeg

CDE85411-F5E2-4377-88A5-A5B657BB36AC.jpeg 

All of these frames were color corrected to match, and I was extremely pleased with how easy they were to match one another. The client was very happy with the results. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, DaveAltizer said:

Some frames from a shoot I did this week. All shot on various Pro Color profiles (with some of my own tweaks here and there)

below are frames from two a7iii’s using a customized version of EOSHD ProColor V4 PP1. 

E3913E18-E676-414B-8745-684F4BB7436E.jpeg

8B173404-B0A5-4FCC-84BB-518E209DF8EB.jpeg

And below is a6300 on the tight shot and a7sii on the wide. Both using EOSHD ProColor 3.0

8D75AAD3-DB94-4D12-B4E1-4DC4D7E72CF3.jpeg

CDE85411-F5E2-4377-88A5-A5B657BB36AC.jpeg 

All of these frames were color corrected to match, and I was extremely pleased with how easy they were to match one another. The client was very happy with the results.  

Thanks for sharing your results and your feedback.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:53 PM, Coiii said:

Thanks! Can you recommend some LUT pack for rec709?

Hey, great colors! Would you mind posting this or another video shot with your A7iii? cheers