Now available - EOSHD Pro Color V4 HDR for Sony A7 III and A7R III

Andrew Reid

I used ProColor V4 on the SONY A7III.  A few shots were in ProLog 3 (opening four shots in the car) but from :20 on its all the new profile.  Works well for perfect out of camera color.  This was shot in a very extreme environment of deep forest shadows and bright harsh sunlight.  It has great skin tones though even in those spots.  Be sure to protect your highlights at all times! The thumbnail shot (at :54) had bright sun on that back rock wall, I exposed for that, then brought up the shadows a bit in post in that one shot.  It was contrasty to the extreme!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Andrew, did you delete my posts (and related ones too) about color inaccuracy of your new profiles? I don't think this would be good way how to promote yourself.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:21 PM, Geoff CB said:

There is no installation, it's just specific settings in camera to achieve the look. 

Made a quick Comparison between S-LOG 3, GFILM, and EOSHD HDR. Love the results right out of camera with this. SLOG 3 just straight up breaks, GFILM still breaks but less so, and EOSHD seems to show the least compression. I've been leaning more on getting the image right in camera and not in post, and am heavily leaning towards this profile unless I'm using an external recorder.

Hi Geoff,

did you notice any "color changing issues" with EOSHD V4? At 2:41 there is color difference between pack of chips in the background (comparison of GFILM to EOSHD). Which color is accurate?

Thank you

4 hours ago, KrocanX said:

Hi Andrew, did you delete my posts (and related ones too) about color inaccuracy of your new profiles? I don't think this would be good way how to promote yourself.

Hi Geoff,

did you notice any "color changing issues" with EOSHD V4? At 2:41 there is color difference between pack of chips in the background (comparison of GFILM to EOSHD). Which color is accurate?

Thank you

Accuracy does not equal a pleasing image. 

On 6/28/2018 at 10:31 AM, Geoff CB said:

Accuracy does not equal a pleasing image. 

True, but colour shifts shouldn’t be drastic. No one wants pink elephants! I kid, but you know what I mean?

And yes why were the samples removed Andrew? I am curious?

• 2 weeks later...

I must be daft, because I can't seem to get the "PP2" HLG3 clips to show up correctly in an FCPX (10.4.3) timeline.  What's strange is that the thumbnails for the clips look too bright in the media pane.  However, they show the correct levels when I scrub the clip in the media pain, but then it goes back to the incorrect brighter levels when I drop the clip into the timeline.  

I do have "Show HDR as raw values" in Preferences.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

The new and not released Pro Log it's included when you buy the Pro Color V4? Or are they separate purchases?
I want to try the Pro Color V4 but also I want the Pro Log when it comes out in the future.

On 7/10/2018 at 10:27 AM, Geoff CB said:

Shot with this yesterday on a shoot with quick turn around. All Procolor V4. Still need a little white balance to match (and Pre boat removal on the horizon :) )

will2_2.1.5.jpg

long_1.4.1.jpg

wideshot_2.1.1.jpg

Do you have the full video and specs? Looks really nice!

Got an A73 & I've just bought this profile and had issues where it's not displaying correctly on my monitor using FCPX, conclusion I've come to after being told is that I need a HDR capable monitor (I've got an AOC U3477) not just checking the RAW values box in preferences.
What is the workflow with FCPX, from creating a Library (Wide Gamut HDR or Standard) to importing the footage with Optimized and Proxy then a new project using which colour space to then adding the LUT using FCPX Custom LUT plugin and choosing the input/output with the EOSHD Match LUT?
I've tried a few ways but not managed to make it work, I basically see the highlights are completely blown out, but the original footage from the camera looks great.
It seems the highlights are brick walled at 50 IRE on the scopes, I exposed at 0ev on camera.
Looking for advise if I've bought something I'm not setup for or direct me into getting it to work.

Thanks
C.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:38 AM, Drew Allegre said:

I must be daft, because I can't seem to get the "PP2" HLG3 clips to show up correctly in an FCPX (10.4.3) timeline.  What's strange is that the thumbnails for the clips look too bright in the media pane.  However, they show the correct levels when I scrub the clip in the media pain, but then it goes back to the incorrect brighter levels when I drop the clip into the timeline.  

I do have "Show HDR as raw values" in Preferences.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Had this the other day with slog 3 clips from an FS7 and it confused me too. FCPX auto adds a viewing LUT to footage sometimes, check the media library clips affected and click on the info panel. Check if there’s been a LUT automatically applied.

Hey guys I also have an a7iii and tried using the pro color HDR with Final Cut Pro X. I enabled "Show HDR as RAW values" and my footage was still washed out in the timeline. Then I added the "EOS match LUT" and it seems to have fixed my issue. I'm not sure if its meant to be used that way. It doesn't really state so in the manual. Does anyone have more info on this? 

FCPX HLG/HDR ISSUE:
I think we all are having the same issue on FCPX, and tried several options. But when you preview the video in the FCPX's Browser looks amazing! really great colors! it is the best color I've seen from a Sony camera, I understand we don't have HDR monitors, but FCPX should give the preview without the monitor activating the option "Show HDR as raw values" and it does it, but only in the its browser but in the timeline the highlights are blown out, or if you apply a HDR tool with different settings it fixes the highlights but the colors are completely different from the browser preview, desaturated, flat and if you try to color balance it, it never looks the same.

I'm looking forward for a solution, on Davinci Resolve looks good, but I really like to edit on Final Cut.

9 minutes ago, Jordan Lee said:

Shot this video for a Bible camp I was at last week entirely with Pro Color V4 HDR: 

This is absolutely wonderful, and a great showcase for this profile. The batman suite reaction was hilarious! Hope everyone at camp enjoys the video!

Also, curious what lenses were used?