Shot a music video with the Letus Anamorphix

covertfilm

Hey everyone,

A music video I directed just released this week and I thought I'd share it! We shot in an old salon & a retro pinball collection and we used a bunch of aputure lights and rented a 'Letus Anamorphix' adapter which was quirky, but gave the look that I wanted in the end. We shot on an A7s (mark 1) into a blackmagic 4k recorder/monitor. I guess the main oddity of the adapter is that the aspect ration wasn't truly a 1.33x squeeze. It seemed to vary depending on where I had the 'focus ring'. So i ended up adjusting the clips scale by hand in the final grade.

The actors were the lead singer and his girlfriend (who is a non-actor), but I'm really proud of how they just went for it. 

YOUTHFOOL - Late Nights: 

https://youtu.be/PFc0JFBGJ8U

Any thoughts on the look of the adapter? Has anyone else used it before?

- Luke

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/24/2018 at 3:47 AM, tweak said:

Looks decent. Some shots look like your adapter wasn't aligned properly (first shot in particular). Squeeze changes as you focus with most adapters, the squeeze quoted is usually only true for infinity focus.

Yeah that was the major quirk I ran into and didn't expect. I did a fair amount of tweaking of different shots, but definitely missed a few. I guess in a perfect world I'd shoot a chart or something at different focus lengths and use that as reference? 

3 minutes ago, covertfilm said:

Yeah that was the major quirk I ran into and didn't expect. I did a fair amount of tweaking of different shots, but definitely missed a few. I guess in a perfect world I'd shoot a chart or something at different focus lengths and use that as reference? 

Yeah I guess you could if you wanted to be super exact, I think by eye is usually OK though.

• 2 weeks later...