Cinemartin Fran 8K Global Shutter Camera

tupp

Redshark preview 

https://www.redsharknews.com/production/item/6142-fran-8k-cinema-camera-here-s-a-long-awaited-hands-on-preview-of-cinemartin-s-large-format-device?fbclid=IwAR3FuJkfHMnQWmswSN3feq21R9Q2iSNOKeVyTisXRuHfjLEsjPNbZy8XW4A

they conclude with 

In short, Fran is not finished, which, again, the company accepts. Other camera manufacturers have probably taken orders for cameras which were less finished than this one. Even so, it's rather unusual to have started talking about reviews at this very early stage. It's fine for manufacturers to send out early versions of products with known issues highlighted as a work in progress. That's done all the time, and should continue. Fran, though, is really in a very elementary condition, with some serious issues, such as the very slow user interface.

There is no XLR audio, no timecode, no SDI, no EF lens control, no LUTs, no genlock, no full-rate playback of high resolution material. There's much that's right about the camera-as-a-platform model, especially running a popular OS with good development tools, but, to be charitable, Fran is a lot of work away from realising the benefits of that approach.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If the sensor is this one:

https://www.ximea.com/en/products-news/pci-express-camera-cmv50000

Then the claim of 15stops of dynamic range would be quite incorrect. On the Ximea website it lists that model's dynamic range as 64 dB which would be closer to about 11 stops.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Sadly, they have announced bankruptcy.

Hopefully no one has been stung financially with regard to pre-orders.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/16/cinemartin-to-close-due-to-bankrupcy-/

Link fixed now:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/16/cinemartin-to-close-due-to-bankruptcy/

Confirmed by Johnnie:

https://***URL not allowed***/cinemartin-is-closing-its-gates-due-to-bankruptcy/

Sounds fishy. How Señor Martin didn't know what's going to happen just a couple of months back along such that last announcement?! I wouldn't even classify them as industry players. I'm sorry if I look like elitist but let's give credit to whom is worthy. And serious.

: -)

• Super Members
15 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Link fixed now:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/16/cinemartin-to-close-due-to-bankruptcy/

Confirmed by Johnnie:

https://***URL not allowed***/cinemartin-is-closing-its-gates-due-to-bankruptcy/

Sounds fishy. How Señor Martin didn't know what's going to happen just a couple of months back along such that last announcement?! I wouldn't even classify them as industry players. I'm sorry if I look like elitist but let's give credit to whom is worthy. And serious.

: -)

Looks like they missed off the "t" in bankruptcy in their initial link.

I suspect that they were looking to get some positivity from letting a couple of outlets see it but its backfired as it obviously wasn't ready but financially it was probably a bit of a last roll of the dice so they had to roll it too soon.

If they had got a glowing review from Bloom having it then it might have given them the breathing space and impetus for a reasonably quick Kickstarter process.

I'm quite sad about it to be honest because it takes a lot of graft to try and get a product to market and there is a big difference in this case in my view than something like the Meyer Optik Görlitz situation where there was clearly some chicanery going on from the get go.

In this case, I think the spirit was willing but the finance was weak.

Conceptually what they were attempting to do was a sound one and would have been of benefit but you need deeper pockets to fund that even when you are using off the shelf parts.

I just hope they weren't using pre-order deposits/full payments from their other products to fund it.

Though they wouldn't be the first company to have done that. 

33 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Looks like they missed off the "t" in bankruptcy in their initial link.

I suspect that they were looking to get some positivity from letting a couple of outlets see it but its backfired as it obviously wasn't ready but financially it was probably a bit of a last roll of the dice so they had to roll it too soon.

If they had got a glowing review from Bloom having it then it might have given them the breathing space and impetus for a reasonably quick Kickstarter process.

I'm quite sad about it to be honest because it takes a lot of graft to try and get a product to market and there is a big difference in this case in my view than something like the Meyer Optik Görlitz situation where there was clearly some chicanery going on from the get go.

In this case, I think the spirit was willing but the finance was weak.

Conceptually what they were attempting to do was a sound one and would have been of benefit but you need deeper pockets to fund that even when you are using off the shelf parts.

I just hope they weren't using pre-order deposits/full payments from their other products to fund it.

Though they wouldn't be the first company to have done that. 

I understand your disappointment. All that marketing seemed to me a joke all way round. There's the need to be rather serious when someone's else put their own money on it. Respect applies. We can't kid with sensitive stuff, especially when there's money involved. And reputation. A whole industry's. If not major players, small ones like myself and my own ventures. As much as you and your great product : ) We don't deserve this, neither the hours spent with our hard work : -)

No worries, he will be back one of these days. It is mere show business and show off at same time. Rather than a circus for real, he has invented this one, he won't retire himself very likely ; -)

Nothing against that. Just don't appreciate to create expectations and deceive people. When we say we do anything, we're going until the end of the world to make it or better to keep silent : -)

• Super Members
22 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

I don't think anybody did a pre-order, this shit was clearly a scam from day 1....

The pre-orders for their other products like the monitors etc is what concerns me really as, yes, it would only have been an optimist who pre-ordered the 8K ;) 

I find it hilarious that so many people were so defensive over Philip Bloom's post. I don't understand why people were rooting for vaporware. If these people took more than one second to look at the product and marketing, they would of understood the whole thing smelled of a pyramid scheme! I'm not even sad that they don't exist anymore. 

IMG_8871.jpg

10 hours ago, TheRealOG said:

I find it hilarious that so many people were so defensive over Philip Bloom's post. I don't understand why people were rooting for vaporware. If these people took more than one second to look at the product and marketing, they would of understood the whole thing smelled of a pyramid scheme! I'm not even sad that they don't exist anymore. 

IMG_8871.jpg

And then that whacko who drives around in a Lamborgini with probably the deposits or advance money of customers, posted a Private Chat between him an Bloom. It was So Freaking Shady (and abuse of any kind of gentleman's understanding). And then when people start pointing him out, he sneakily deleted the post with the chat. And his rant hasn't stopped yet. 

I've always found the company to be a bit of a Ponzi scheme. I saw many customers pointing that their products were Chinese re branded ones with grossly increased pricing. And this whole attitude outburst was shocking and absolutely unnecessary. 

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/16/cinemartin-to-close-due-to-bankruptcy/#disqus_thread