Cinemartin Fran 8K Global Shutter Camera

tupp

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/11/2018 at 7:28 PM, IronFilm said:

Which means we can expect to see the final shipping camera in the stores sometime in early 2030

7 hours ago, seanzzxx said:

So this camera is going on sale soon,

I wonder which one of you is correct...  ?

Actually, if the camera does get released, I would imagine that it would happen sometime in between your two projected times.  It probably won't happen "soon," as the guy in the video announcement didn't give any  prices, and also note that the images of some of the camera models are CAD renderings.

Two more camera models?  That's even more ambitious than two guys producing a single camera.  Somebody needs to go to the Ximea site and see if they are offering additional cameras with similar features to these two additional models.

1 hour ago, Mako Sports said:

Jesus Christ that pre release footage. Compare that to the Sony rx100mk6 release video and I'd say the lil point shoot is the real cinema camera ?

The footage looks pretty good to me, especially the properly exposed shots showing sunlit areas juxtaposed to deep shadow areas.  However, the only way to get an accurate assessment of the DR is to conduct a proper test with proper charts.

4 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

The name of the company should be Cinetrolla.

I don't see any indication of "trolling."  They appear to actually be making progress.   On the other hand, this recent announcement is probably premature.

11 hours ago, tupp said:

Actually, if the camera does get released, I would imagine that it would happen sometime in between your two projected times.  It probably won't happen "soon," as the guy in the video announcement didn't give any  prices, and also note that the images of some of the camera models are CAD renderings.

I don't see any indication of "trolling."  They appear to actually be making progress.   On the other hand, this recent announcement is probably premature.

IronFilm's comment was made before the announcement, but Cinemartin is talking about two-to-four months, depending on the model: https://***URL removed***/news/2936447826/cinemartin-launches-fran-cameras-with-8k-global-shutter-and-raw-support

The footage looks pretty good to me, especially the properly exposed shots showing sunlit areas juxtaposed to deep shadow areas.  However, the only way to get an accurate assessment of the DR is to conduct a proper test with proper charts.

No offense, but you have to be almost wilfully obtuse to think this footage looks good or even displays good dynamic range. You don't notice the:

1) Incredibly wonky colors in log and even more so in the 'graded' footage at 2.56 or 2.19? I mean you could argue that this was the grade but this footage should never, ever be allowed to look like that in a product launch video,

2) The heavy IR cast in much of the footage, including 2.56 and 2.10,

3) The focus being off in a lot of the footage, most noticeably in 2.04: I mean these are the fundamentals, this simply cannot happen in a video like this,

4) the dynamic range looks terrible and I would really love for you to convince me otherwise, you've got clipped highlight details and milky, crushed blacks at 1.48, 1.50 (better shadow detail), 1.58, 2,04, 2.18 and this is JUST from THEIR OWN highlight reel. You could argue this is because they didn't do anything to control the lighting on an extremely sunny day at high noon but my question to you would be then that WHY, for God's sake, would you EVER shoot your video like this when the aim of it is to make your footage look good?!

5) the overall production quality is laughable, with audio sounding like they recorded it straight from a rode videomic pro in an empty concrete room, visuals popping in-and-out of frame out of sync, the guy explaining how to import the footage to your NLE, I mean it doesn't make ANY sense. This video is a masterwork in unintentional comedy.

EDIT: Prices by the way:

Fran LT: €10,995 regular, €7,920 introductory

Fran (STD): €17,790 regular, €15,995 introductory

Fran Plus: €25,670 regular, €19,995 introductory

I mean these are URSA, EVA-1, even RED prices ... that's a big ask for this footage.

Oh my, the launch video is interesting to say the least ?

Seems that they are also making a name for themselves over on their facebook page by trying to publicly shame someone who bought a defective monitor from them and tried to return it ?‍♂️

Is there really someone who's willing to spend $10-25k on this company..

• Administrators

https://***URL removed***/news/2936447826/cinemartin-launches-fran-cameras-with-8k-global-shutter-and-raw-support

It shouldn't get the publicity.

I have been burned before by a clickbait writer slapping something up on DPReview because it has a buzzword in the title. They publicised a Kickstarter campaign for a high speed camera which had WAY more credibility than this but it led to a £1000 loss for me.

1 hour ago, johnnyd said:

Oh my, the launch video is interesting to say the least ?

Seems that they are also making a name for themselves over on their facebook page by trying to publicly shame someone who bought a defective monitor from them and tried to return it ?‍♂️

Is there really someone who's willing to spend $10-25k on this company..

The point is: that's a price list. This doesn't mean they will ever sell a single unit! : -D

On 11/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, kaylee said:

omg that video is amazing

is this a tommy wiseau side project?

GrayImaginativeBlobfish-size_restricted.

i dont wanna change the subject, but greg sesteros audiobook for the disaster artist is amazing. its not the movie, its his book, and he does an AMAZING tommy impression the whole time. some priceless moments, check it out

• Administrators

I think we have a serious problem with the truth.

We have a problem with clickbait.

And in some ways Webrunner5, you just contributed to the problem.

If you want to discuss the Fran 8K on this thread, keep discussing it. NO more off-topic clickbait. OK? Or I'll have no choice but to have this forum clean up it's act and that will include dropping members who frequently link out to bad sources of info, or spread mis-information. There is enough bullshit and misinformation on YouTube and the internet, without creating more links to it here.

Understood?

• Administrators

Use your better judgement. I am sick of being led out to some clickbait SHIT or discussing ad-infinity yet another shitty YOUTUBE video.

This forum needs to get back on track. It's a turn off.

When did you guys stop CREATING stuff and posting that instead?!

On 11/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, Kisaha said:

Highest resolution camera, with the lowest quality of sound.

Was that even 8K sound at all? :-P 

That video was amazing, for not being able to do anything right.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:16 PM, tupp said:

For the sake of everybody who might buy one, I hope I'm right and it doesn't come out until 2030