Cinemartin Fran 8K Global Shutter Camera

tupp

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Not as yet but I suspect even on here we'd struggle to match the argument going on about it over at NewsShooter - with the designer no less - where there are accusations of plagiarism, lies and even outright racism with someone claiming because the designer is Spanish it will never get finished on time !

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/05/09/cinemartin-fran-8k-camera/

Main bone of contention/accusation seems to be that some posters are convinced that Cinemartin are passing this camera off as their own

https://www.ximea.com/en/products-news/pci-express-camera-cmv50000

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Main bone of contention/accusation seems to be that some posters are convinced that Cinemartin are passing this camera off as their own

https://www.ximea.com/en/products-news/pci-express-camera-cmv50000

The photo of the Fran certainly looks like the Ximea camera from the front.  Good find!  On the other hand, the specs don't seem to perfectly match.

Judging from Cinemartin's rough sketch, perhaps they are taking the innards of the Ximea and putting them in a different box, with some hardware/software mods.

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

even outright racism with someone claiming because the designer is Spanish it will never get finished on time !

I wasn't aware that there is such bigotry against those of the Spanish "race."

6 hours ago, Grimor said:

it's the same cinemartin brand as those suspicious "cheap monitors" that never came to be sold and that were supposed to be rebranded chinese product?

Not familiar with Cinemartin, but a lot of the stuff that get's touted on this forum is re-branded product.

• Super Members
9 minutes ago, tupp said:

Judging from Cinemartin's rough sketch, perhaps they are taking the innards of the Ximea and putting them in a different box, with some hardware/software mods.

I think its perfectly legitimate to do that as well but for some reason its really, really wound some of those people up !

9 minutes ago, tupp said:

I wasn't aware that there is such bigotry against those of the Spanish "race."

I was being a bit loose with that word as in the UK racism law the definition of race also incorporates national origin.

The correct term I should have used of course is dickheadism ;)

Honestly I don't care if it's exactly the same camera (or product) as something already existing as long as there's no hiding or misleading people about that fact.
My friend has a few of their monitors, they are exactly the same as some I have (Feelworld and a few other names). The only thing I think is weird about that company is it's misleading/confusing pricing of monitors and the way in which you order them. That being said people can operate as they wish, it's up to you as the consumer whether you purchase it.

@tweak 100% agree.

When their cheap monitor was announced, I tried to buy it but the shipping & import rates to Spain made it too expensive.

Finally i got a Lilliput A7s with same funtions and identical menu layout.

Another topic of conversation would be the aggressive strategy in introducing a product below its cost to break the market to get publicity or notoriety.

6 hours ago, Grimor said:

When their cheap monitor was announced, I tried to buy it but the shipping & import rates to Spain made it too expensive.

Too expensive to buy in Spain? Even though it seems the Cinemartin designer is spanish himself? Kinda weird

• 2 months later...