JVC LS300 in 2018

BTM_Pix

The main problem I find with this camera is the workflow. Resolve doesn't recognise the files if you shoot in 422 and Premiere does this funky thing where it only plays the top corner of the frame when I try to play the timeline. When I pause I can see the whole frame again. Image on the left is the same frame (give or take) as the frame on the right. Left is paused, right is playing.

842881185_ScreenShot2018-08-29at13_40_04.thumb.png.fda1c45d44591a6d7d30d1547662c8e1.png

I seem to remember both BMD and Adobe saying they have no plans to support JVC's codec because so few people require it.

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

I wonder if JVC  can get their hands on the popular GH5S/E2/BMPCC4K/Terra4K sensor to stick it inside the LS300 mk2? I'm sure that would make many people very happy!

Yeah and just bring a smaller / hybrid variant as well. The specs of this thing are (still) fantastic...they should be able to put this tech in a smaller package by now. But I guess the hybrid market isn't their focus...

• 5 months later...

Someone said this:

A S35 sensor can fit inside the throat diameter of a MFT but it's not recommended because of microlens designs.

Is that true?

Microlenses are on the sensor, so I can't see why this matters at all. 

53 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Someone said this:

Is that true?

Microlenses are on the sensor, so I can't see why this matters at all. 

It is true that MFT specifies a thicker sensor stack than most other formats, which means that adapting, say, an EF lens straight to MFT will not result in optimal performance, especially wide angle lenses wide open. It is similar to how the prism in bolex 16mm reflex made non-r lenses look soft. Its also the reason Metabones made a special speed booster for blackmagic cameras, because BM used a stack that was not the standard MFT thickness.

Not sure about microlenses though, if they are part of that stack thickness or what.