Lomo Squarefront Anamorphic with Canon dSLR (mirror removed)?

au8ust

I was trying to research this but not much information available for this combination setup.

I wonder would it work for mirror removed 5D with PL mount installed (like those from Hot Rod Camera) and Lomo Squarefront Anamorphic lens (PL mount of course). Has anyone try this before?

Although it works, the 35mm probably won't over a full frame sensor but cropping would help a bit.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's not anamorphic, but this guy managed to make an OCT-19 work with a 60D... I haven't found any more reports of that being accomplished (except for very specific lenses with a very specific adapter).

https://vimeo.com/19345609

I made some research too (contacting the guys behind cinemods and ciecio7 adapters, as well as some brazilian tech support) and the results are NOT promising. They all told me that even if I get the mirror removed, there still will be a HUGE ammount of PL lenses that won't fit. The best way to know which will or wont is measure the back of it, with PL mount already, and try to do the math.

Also, it does not cover full frame. Their ideal sensor is APS-C, or a cropped version of full frame (now possible thanks to MagicLantern's RAW Hack). I'm waiting for my 37-140 + Foton-A and already know it won't cover full frame from talking to other guys who have it and tested with a 5D.

Right. The rear diameter is probably too large to fit the mount and/or adapter anyway. I heard that the OCT19 mount is more capable.

The roundfront version should be more adaptable I guess. Maybe I just need to save up for some roundfront anamorphics which cost at least twice of squarefront :/