Fuji XT-2 v4 firmware out now

jhnkng

• Super Members
29 minutes ago, Django said:

Just picked up an XT2 again however just found out Fuji pulled the plug on the 4.0 update because of the bugs: 

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-firmware-update-4-01-released-rollback-to-previous-version-fujifilm-gfx-x-pro2-and-x-h1-firmware-postponed/

I'd really like to test the F-Log & 120fps so was wondering if anyone here could send/upload the 4.0 .DAT firmware file? would be much appreciated!

I thought they'd released a bug fix version, didn't realise they'd pulled the new stuff out completely.

Here you go, here's the V4.

FWUP0010.DAT

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
31 minutes ago, Django said:

Just picked up an XT2 again however just found out Fuji pulled the plug on the 4.0 update because of the bugs: 

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-firmware-update-4-01-released-rollback-to-previous-version-fujifilm-gfx-x-pro2-and-x-h1-firmware-postponed/

I'd really like to test the F-Log & 120fps so was wondering if anyone here could send/upload the 4.0 .DAT firmware file? would be much appreciated!

Maybe they can fix the record lamp issue while they're at it and try and make FLOG come out of the HDMI port while you are recording it internally.

internal FLOG + Eterna LUT is a game changer. Dynamic range gets a major boost and the final look is so much more filmic then before.. it's like a whole new camera!

HFR options is also pretty cool. overall at under a grand second hand with the grip & around half the cost of new XH1, i feel XT2 is among best value cameras around thanks to this update.

1 hour ago, Django said:

internal FLOG + Eterna LUT is a game changer. Dynamic range gets a major boost and the final look is so much more filmic then before.. it's like a whole new camera!

HFR options is also pretty cool. overall at under a grand second hand with the grip & around half the cost of new XH1, i feel XT2 is among best value cameras around thanks to this update.

Have you tried the Fuji WDR LUT? IMO it looks better than Eterna.

1 hour ago, Luke Mason said:

Have you tried the Fuji WDR LUT? IMO it looks better than Eterna.

It's really impressive.  I've found Eterna works better on the X-H1 and X-T2 for indoor and lowlight shots and the Fuji WDR works better for brightly lit and outdoor scenes. 

If only these camera's had better battery life, that's about all I can find to complain about any more, they actually make shooting fun!

38 minutes ago, CyclingBen said:

It's really impressive.  I've found Eterna works better on the X-H1 and X-T2 for indoor and lowlight shots and the Fuji WDR works better for brightly lit and outdoor scenes. 

If only these camera's had better battery life, that's about all I can find to complain about any more, they actually make shooting fun!

What I've found is Fuji WDR retains more highlight detail than Eterna.

48 minutes ago, Kubrickian said:

Is the WDR in the same LUT package as Eterna? Anyone got a link? 

yeah it's in the same pack,  just google fuji lut.

i've just tried it and indeed very similar to Eterna with a hint more highlight info.

should match up nicely to WideDR profile on my C100!

• Super Members

Just been monkeying around with it and the WDR has the edge for me too.

5b0dbb65dfc7d_Minkey3.thumb.jpg.7740293e6d4ee70f1e89ee069a595d51.jpg

Any news on when they might be re-issuing the firmware ? 

Curious to know if they might include Eterna as an internal profile to make up for the inconvenience ;)