Fuji XT-2 v4 firmware out now

jhnkng

18 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Yeah, the one they've missed the trick with is recording 4K F-Log internal whilst outputting an HD version of it over HDMI.

Ditto having no HDMI when you're recording HD F-Log either.

Not being able to get a monitor feed when its own monitoring is bit limited  (no zebras are even more of an omission now with internal LOG as, arguably, is the monitoring LUT) is a letdown.

I found stepping through the recording options is a bit painful as its doing one of its fast reboots between each step to switch the displays on and off so it takes a while to get from HD to 4K. It would be good if they could at least let you save your formats in the C slots.

Oh well, I'm nitpicking now ;)

I don't think it's a nitpick. I was expecting to shoot F-Log with the exposure tools and / using a monitoring LUT with my SmallHD Focus. Buh-mer.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
2 hours ago, Walter H said:

I don't think it's a nitpick. I was expecting to shoot F-Log with the exposure tools and / using a monitoring LUT with my SmallHD Focus. Buh-mer.

Yeah, I meant the blanking while scrolling through selections was a nitpick.

The other thing is....well....erm....unusual shall we say.

Going back to the nit pick one though, these mini reboots as it changes what it is doing when its reconfiguring the HDMI port are quite intriguing. As I said in the other post, if ever there was going to be a dark horse about who could enable ProResRaw on an HDMI port as a firmware update....

Not only can't you use an external monitor when shooting F-log internally, but the record light continues to blink while recording, fooling you into believing the camera is actually recording to the SD card when it's not. Major flaw.

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Not only can't you use an external monitor when shooting F-log internally, but the record light continues to blink while recording, fooling you into believing the camera is actually recording to the SD card when it's not. Major flaw.

When I first read this I was wondering whether it might have to do with having the HDMI record trigger set to ON but, nope, its the same with it ON or OFF.

That is not cool at all.

Also, while you can monitor (for what thats worth) on the camera while recording externally you can't play anything back on it until you unplug the external monitor. 

On 08/05/2018 at 7:41 PM, Kisaha said:

@Django As I said, my cameras do 120 from 2014, and other cameras have gone to 180 and 240 frames already.

Admittedly, 120 is good enough for most uses, I usually shoot 60p anyway. 

I am curious about people's slow mo tests here.

and, everything the X-T2 gets, makes the H-X1 a weaker buy.

And I had a 4K shooting phone before Arri had a 4K Alexa........whats the point you're trying to make?

5 hours ago, Tone1k said:

And I had a 4K shooting phone before Arri had a 4K Alexa........whats the point you're trying to make?

I am not comparing a mobile phone with a tiny sensor, but

1) an APS-C sensor  on a

2) pro body camera (only Fuji and Samsung ever had a mirrorless APS-C pro body, in case you haven't noticed, so they are pretty much comparable) 

If you and others, can't see the significance here, then buy an Arri to call and text your friends and family, and shoot films with your phone.

Semantics aren't your strong field of science it seems. Too pity, because they are very important to film makers.

I am wondering how many hybrid cameras and systems you have changed since 2014, for other members, I am pretty sure they have changed at least 3. Of course it's your money, if I was rich enough, I would happily own every known camera system to humanity, live your myth in Fuji land and be merry.

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I am not comparing a mobile phone with a tiny sensor, but

1) an APS-C sensor  on a

2) pro body camera (only Fuji and Samsung ever had a mirrorless APS-C pro body, in case you haven't noticed, so they are pretty much comparable) 

If you and others, can't see the significance here, then buy an Arri to call and text your friends and family, and shoot films with your phone.

Semantics aren't your strong field of science it seems. Too pity, because they are very important to film makers.

I am wondering how many hybrid cameras and systems you have changed since 2014, for other members, I am pretty sure they have changed at least 3. Of course it's your money, if I was rich enough, I would happily own every known camera system to humanity, live your myth in Fuji land and be merry.

Good grief, your attitude is pathetic.

I've changed camera systems once since 2014 but then I don't use these cameras for work. The Fuji is my personal camera that I use for taking photos of the kids, travel etc. The video function is secondary. 

For work, we use Arri, Red, BM Ursa Mini Pro, F55 etc. And that's the thing, professionals and filmakers don't get all hung up on one system. Can you categorically say that you have produced better images than anyone using an XT2 because you had 240fps four years ago? 

It doesn't really matter which camera had 120fps first or that you might  have one that does 240fps. To XT-2 owners this is a great, free upgrade. All cameras are different. Does your 240fps camera have Fujifilm colour science? I'll take Fuji colour science and 120fps over something like Sonys or even Samsung's colour science and 240fps. I'll also take Fuji lenses over ANY Sony or Samsung lenses..... Either way though, who cares who did what first. Choose the tool that you like using. Why should anyone care that you had a camera that did 240fps last year if that's not a feature I'm interested or have the need in using. 

The sum of a camera is all if it's parts, not just one spec. 

I bet you can't wait for the NX2 so you can brag to us all how far ahead of its time it is.....tell me, when are Samsung releasing the NX2 ? 

Finally, if Sumsung land is so fantastic what are you doing in the Fuji Land thread anyway. You obviosly have nothing constructive to add. Did you really just come here to gloat? 

@Tone1k 

We, both, have the right to comment on this forum, especially when I compare the ONLY 2 APS-C mirrorless Pro cameras in the market (now there is the X-H1 as well, and in the other thread its color science doesn't look that amazing opposite to the A7iii), and not a mobile phone with the Arri camera, which again, is something that has been discussed in this very forum, indeed.

Your previous comment "And I had a 4K shooting phone before Arri had a 4K Alexa........whats the point you're trying to make?" is considered intelligent, funny, or constructive?

Obviously, I am here because I want to be informed about the market I work in, and spend thousands of euros per year, and obviously is great news for the X-T2 owners, as I said from my first comments.  

Also, you are the first person I am hearing that has an issue with Samsung's color science, while Andrew Reid - the owner of this very forum, has proven years ago the exact opposite of what you say. Putting the old Sony cameras, together with the NX in color science is really weird. If you are new here, https://www.eoshd.com/2014/12/lets-see-samsung-nx1-really-capable-shooting-4k-sunny-lisbon/

On 08/05/2018 at 6:35 PM, Kisaha said:

You realize how weird that sounds in 2018?! My 2014 cameras do that.

Have fun!

Your post is is condescending. Nothing more. It's not a comparison of anything constructive. "Have Fun!" being the tell tale phrase...

16 hours ago, Tone1k said:

My comment was a ridiculous throw away line to try to demonstrate how silly your comment was. Yes, I know full well that you can't compare an Alexa with a phone camera. It was a silly comment aimed at the same level of your two comments boasting that you had been doting 240p for four years..... So what? A camera is more than one feature

I don't have a problem with Samsung's colour science but do prefer Fuji's by a long shot. 

12 hours ago, Tone1k said:

Yeah, that's what I'm finding too. 

What I am finding is some people with no sense of humor (nothing funny you ever said), no spirit (nothing intelligent), no critical judgement (you have a Fuji from 2014? with 16mgpxls sensor that doesn't do video? great buy), no humility (Fuji arrogance, we can call it check Yuryev's video mentioning Fuji fanboys), no witt at all (seriously, read some books), and not great in writing sentences (I hope English is not your mother tongue). I am just stop-ing here, first because you are a pack of wolves attacking me personally, and that is extremely primitive and pathetic, especially when you do that for thousands of miles away, but more importantly, because you bored me to death. 

14 hours ago, Kisaha said:

What I am finding is some people with no sense of humor (nothing funny you ever said), no spirit (nothing intelligent), no critical judgement (you have a Fuji from 2014? with 16mgpxls sensor that doesn't do video? great buy), no humility (Fuji arrogance, we can call it check Yuryev's video mentioning Fuji fanboys), no witt at all (seriously, read some books), and not great in writing sentences (I hope English is not your mother tongue). I am just stop-ing here, first because you are a pack of wolves attacking me personally, and that is extremely primitive and pathetic, especially when you do that for thousands of miles away, but more importantly, because you bored me to death. 

Quite a personal attack you unleashed there Kisaha just because I said "thats what I'm finding too". 

I'll regret it but screw it, I'll bite.....

Sorry, I didn't know that we had to be funny on the EOSHD forum. Can't say I've seen you post a funny comment but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

I have a 16MP camera from 2014? Not too intelligent are you then. Can you read? BTW, My critical judgement sees me earn a good living as a professional in this industry. I have many clients that are extremely happy with the work I produce and value my critical judgement.

"Fuji arrogance"? I use all sorts of cameras for my video work. From Red, Arri, Sony F55, FS7, FS5, A7SII Blackmagic UMP etc. How am I a Fuji fanboy? Did you take offence because I prefer Fuji's colour science to Samsungs? Grow up!  And quoting some rich boy Vlogger, Yuryev (yes, i looked him up) that is a Youtube hack shows your level of intelligence. 

I'm not great at "writing sentences" ....and then you type "stop-ing" and "you bored me to death" (past tense, do I not bore you anymore?) Enough said!

You are nothing but an angry troll. Pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up an XT2 again however just found out Fuji pulled the plug on the 4.0 update because of the bugs: 

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-firmware-update-4-01-released-rollback-to-previous-version-fujifilm-gfx-x-pro2-and-x-h1-firmware-postponed/

I'd really like to test the F-Log & 120fps so was wondering if anyone here could send/upload the 4.0 .DAT firmware file? would be much appreciated!