Fuji XT-2 v4 firmware out now

jhnkng

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

weird?!! XT2 came out in 2016... Fuji's first 4k camera... i say better late than never. XT2's can be bought for just about a grand now. You gotta spend $5500 if you want 120fps FHD at Canon. And you still don't get log!

slomo is looking clean!

36 minutes ago, Django said:

weird?!! XT2 came out in 2016... Fuji's first 4k camera... i say better late than never. XT2's can be bought for just about a grand now. You gotta spend $5500 if you want 120fps FHD at Canon. And you still don't get log!

slomo is looking clean!

New body is $1,400 at B&H

• Super Members

Body only in the UK new they are about £1200.

Used ones are now at £900, which is a hell of a price really.

Over the weekend in London, one store was doing a special on new X-T20 with kit lens for £699. I wonder if they'll ever enable FLOG on that (either internal or external)?

Installing the update now......

@Django As I said, my cameras do 120 from 2014, and other cameras have gone to 180 and 240 frames already.

Admittedly, 120 is good enough for most uses, I usually shoot 60p anyway. 

I am curious about people's slow mo tests here.

and, everything the X-T2 gets, makes the H-X1 a weaker buy.

@jonpais there are lotta stores doing big rebates on XT2 currently here in EU. and a lot of second hand units fo even lower as well. both are results of XH1 & XT2 approaching EOL with XT3 expected at Photokina..

27 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@Django

well one has to admire Fuji for giving older models, new features (like 4K on Xpro2 last year).

but XH1 in Fuji's eyes is mostly a hardware enhancement: IBIS, body size / grip, weather sealing, touch screen.

and they still left stuff like DCI 4K/2K, 200mbps & Eterna exclusive to XH1.

anyways it's a win-win for the consumer imo..

• Super Members
19 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

This update (especially the internal FLOG) weakens the X-H1 as an upgrade for X-T2 owners certainly.

But.....

Everyone is looking at Panasonic and Sony to implement ProResRAW but what if Fuji were the complete dark horse here and put it onto the X-H1 ?

They certainly have the track record in handing out additional value long after you've bought the camera and that upgrade would certainly let the X-H1 stretch its legs if they made it exclusive to that camera.

They're probably already at it ;)

F6TL14RGYQFN6QI.LARGE.thumb.jpg.816afb2800d960a3f2f3dad0913364cd.jpg

• Super Members

Mmmm.....

I haven't got an X-H1 so maybe an owner can chime in if its the same on there but unless I'm missing something in a menu somewhere then if you are using FLOG internally then you can monitor on the camera screen but the HDMI output is inoperative and vice versa. 

Don't get me wrong, its still a very nice gift from Fuji letting us record it internally but its a bit of a letdown not to be able to attach a small external monitor or EVF while using it.

35 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Mmmm.....

I haven't got an X-H1 so maybe an owner can chime in if its the same on there but unless I'm missing something in a menu somewhere then if you are using FLOG internally then you can monitor on the camera screen but the HDMI output is inoperative and vice versa. 

Don't get me wrong, its still a very nice gift from Fuji letting us record it internally but its a bit of a letdown not to be able to attach a small external monitor or EVF while using it.

Don't get me wrong either, I truly respect Fuji (still own some of their digital cameras a bridge and an ultra portable, I loved them that much), but these things happen when a particular spec is an afterthought, a couple of years later.

I really applaud their try though, I imagine how happy you are given some features weren't there when you bought the camera. What do you thing about the 120f image quality?

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I really applaud their try though, I imagine how happy you are given some features weren't there when you bought the camera.

The single biggest feature that would make this camera immeasurably more useful for what I personally do with it is to have the lock image function being able to be assigned to a function key.

It's such a trivial thing to most people and such a trivial thing to implement for Fuji but, honestly, it makes it too slow to use in my workflow. And in the workflow of anyone else who is trying to use it for what I do as well.

So whilst I love them to death for adding in these new features, it does make me shake my head when we are so many firmware updates down the line and they are prioritising kind of niche things like folder renaming and transfer of settings via USB to their app that no one uses anyway over something that is such a glaring omission for one of the markets they like to tell people they are doing well in.

14 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

What do you thing about the 120f image quality?

Its looks OK to me but I'll need to go to the beach and find a dog shaking water off itself to be truly sure.

37 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Getting very tired of reading this over and over and over

Totally agree. Unhelpful, unnecessary, ego-driven, snarky. No, Kisaha, it is not "simply pointing out information" if your reply swings that way. These sorts of comments just bring the purpose of these forums down.

I'm looking forward to spending significant time with the new firmware later in the week. Curious if the slow-mo aliasing issues of the X-H1 show up in the X-T2 post-firmware update - in the 60p as well.

Glad, glad for the Flog and Eterna LUT. Jonnie at Cinema 5D had a nice, short intro to the new firmware. Basic story but the images look good.

1 hour ago, tokhee said:

I second that. 

+1

If your camera works for you, fine. But the endless thread trolling by NX1 owners in every single camera thread is so played and adds nothing to the discussion. 

So far I'm pretty happy with the update. Looking forward to tinkering with the focus bracketing since I don't own a macro lens - GFX users are doing stacks of 100-200 shots and the results are pretty awesome. Flog is nice, but I would like to see Eterna added at some point too - shooting at lower ISO's with DR400 internal speeds up my workflow. I get its too soon after the XH1's release to add it, down the line...

Chris

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Mmmm.....

Here's a guide with all the new features/options -- http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/pdf/index/x/fujifilm_xt2_manual_01_en.pdf

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 8.31.32 AM.png

• Super Members
6 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Yeah, the one they've missed the trick with is recording 4K F-Log internal whilst outputting an HD version of it over HDMI.

Ditto having no HDMI when you're recording HD F-Log either.

Not being able to get a monitor feed when its own monitoring is bit limited  (no zebras are even more of an omission now with internal LOG as, arguably, is the monitoring LUT) is a letdown.

I found stepping through the recording options is a bit painful as its doing one of its fast reboots between each step to switch the displays on and off so it takes a while to get from HD to 4K. It would be good if they could at least let you save your formats in the C slots.

Oh well, I'm nitpicking now ;)