Fujifilm X-h1 power supply fix

Vladimir

Since i dont want yet dive into DIY solution. Any thoughts on this scheme?

CP-W126 (http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/batteries/index.html#coupler)

+ qualcomm 3.0 power bank through usb-dc adapter.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5c3c04c71c0f5bc9091f63726e2fedea.jpg

There's also posibility to use any 5V powerbank and usb-dc 5Vto9V converter but qualcomm 3.0 seems like better solution ( thats a technology that lets chargeable device decide itself how many A/V it needed)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

General comment:

The fast charging ability of the Qualcomm depends if the device is fast charging 3.0 (or 2.0). My phone\power bank/laptop/monitor has 3.0 and is a great feature, all the devices should have Quickcharge 3.0 or 4.0, a lot more useful than slow wireless charging.

The batteries for the X-h1 are probably 7.2 volts, so it's best to supply your camera with that voltage.

So, it might be good to consider using readily available and inexpensive, 7.2 volt Sony NP batteries (which come in various sizes/capacities).  You can connect them to your CP-W126 cable with an NP battery plate.

Here is a tutorial on powering a camera with these items.

On 05.05.2018 at 9:01 AM, tupp said:

The batteries for the X-h1 are probably 7.2 volts, so it's best to supply your camera with that voltage.

output of an original dc power supply is 9V 2A. maybe there is converter inside original dummy battery.

6 hours ago, Vladimir said:

output of an original dc power supply is 9V 2A.

Are you sure that DC power supply is made by Fuji?

6 hours ago, Vladimir said:

maybe there is converter inside original dummy battery.

Or maybe the camera just runs hot and noisy when powered by 9V.

The voltage of the X-h1's internal battery is definitely 7.2V.  I would avoid running any camera at a voltage higher than that of its internal battery.

55 minutes ago, tupp said:

The voltage of the X-h1's internal battery is definitely 7.2V.  I would avoid running any camera at a voltage higher than that of its internal battery.

It's not uncommon for a 2 cell 7.2V battery to have a voltage up to 8.4V when fully charged, so 9V is probably within the tolerance limit of the camera. On the other hand, it's not a bad idea to be on the cautious side.

To the OP: Unless the dummy battery or the adapter has a QC2.0/QC3.0 chip, I don't think it will be able to tell the powerbank that it needs 9V. As far as I know, both the supplier and the consumer needs QC if you want anything above 5V.

5 hours ago, Vladimir said:

as you can see CP-W126 itself have 9V marking

I see it.

8 hours ago, UncleBobsPhotography said:

It's not uncommon for a 2 cell 7.2V battery to have a voltage up to 8.4V when fully charged, so 9V is probably within the tolerance limit of the camera. On the other hand, it's not a bad idea to be on the cautious side.

Yes, batteries' voltage is higher when fully charged.  So, likewise, if you start with a fully charged 9V battery (as opposed to a 7.2V battery), you will probably see voltages higher than 9V -- significantly higher than the 8.4V peak of the fully charged internal battery.

Again, it's a good idea to start with an external battery that has the same voltage as the unregulated internal battery.   Thus, you know that you have enough voltage for the camera to properly function, while you will not be unduly increasing the camera's internal temperature (possibly causing extra noise).

59 minutes ago, tupp said:

Yes, batteries' voltage is higher when fully charged.  So, likewise, if you start with a fully charged 9V battery (as opposed to a 7.2V battery), you will probably see voltages higher than 9V -- significantly higher than the 8.4V peak of the fully charged internal battery.

But the 9V is delivered through QC, which can boosts the voltage to 9V regardless of whether the source battery is at 4.2V or 3V. It would have been different if we were talking about an actual 9V battery.

11 hours ago, UncleBobsPhotography said:

But the 9V is delivered through QC, which can boosts the voltage to 9V regardless of whether the source battery is at 4.2V or 3V. It would have been different if we were talking about an actual 9V battery.

The AC adapter delivers 9V.  If there is no voltage regulator inside the "dummy" battery, then the camera is running off of a 9V supply.  If the there is a voltage regulator in the dummy battery, then the camera is likely running off of ~7.2V.   Either way, there is likely extra heat being generated inside the camera (compared to merely running off of a 7.2V internal battery), which could result in extra noise.

Best to keep everything inside the camera at nominal voltage.

Not familiar with "QC."

• 3 weeks later...

well its working. thanks @thefirstdj for mentioning qc 2.0 trigger. it be better to run 9V without relying on cheap chinesse chip (and if you go this way make sure to order atleast ~5 of them, i've buying it from local place and the one that workin as it should was not the first i've try), but now i can use a whole variety of affordable qc2.0 power banks.

here is my 15600mah rig:

powerig.thumb.jpg.b906991b595c1d84b136b9024c352f15.jpg 

last thing to do is to make weather sealing for qc trigger and to find a black zip ties)

UPD forgot to mention i've tried 7.4v output (thx to qc3.0) and body recognised it as lowest battery level (using original battery adapter)

• 5 years later...
On 5/5/2018 at 6:43 AM, Vladimir said:

Since i dont want yet dive into DIY solution. Any thoughts on this scheme?

CP-W126 (http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/batteries/index.html#coupler)

+ qualcomm 3.0 power bank through usb-dc adapter.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5c3c04c71c0f5bc9091f63726e2fedea.jpg

There's also posibility to use any 5V powerbank and usb-dc 5Vto9V converter but qualcomm 3.0 seems like better solution ( thats a technology that lets chargeable device decide itself how many A/V it needed)