Sony HW40ES + anamorphic lens suggestions?

johntimber

Hi,

I'd like to start by thanking the many of you that posted in my last thread as I looked into projector options and have helped me frame the foundation of our theater build. Dreamer in particular has been very helpful for the display issues.

I've decided on the Sony for the projector. Budget won't stretch much higher if I'm to include an anamorphic lens configuration as well.

I've looked at Panamorph, and I know there are a few other brands for sale in the classifieds section to consider, but I'm a bit confused about some of the options. It looks like the panamorph is a fixed lens that requires the image to be squeezed back to a 16:9 ratio for HDTV and internal vertical stretching to eliminate the top and bottom black bars for cinemascope options. This also seems to require the projector to be rotated 45 degrees for the lens to function. Is that accurate? Are there setting presets that I can store to allow the squeeze and vertical stretch to switch back and forth without playing with the settings every time?

Can anyone comment on the benefit of a motorized or non-permanent lens solution? Is it worth the premium in price?

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/1920209-sony-hw40es-anamorphic-lens-suggestions.html
Creative video studio

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs