New DJI Phantom Pro 5 Features Interchangeable Lenses

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, salim said:

These photos have been coming out for the past months. I think there is another thread here about it, too. I’m hoping it’ll support prores raw 

I would love to see a larger sensor, m43? I sense the time is coming when a new type of camera format will emerge.

I don’t really see a huge advantage to interchangeable lenses but the design where the lenses can be changed without rebalancing makes sense. The design looks pretty conservative -retractable legs? Same battery?

Anyway, I am really looking for a Magic Pro 2 where the rumors have got a bit hazy over the past couple of months.

9 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I don’t really see a huge advantage to interchangeable lenses

For me this is HUGE!

shooting 50mm or better yet 90mm equivalent image with a phantom would make such a big difference. I have tons and tons of drone photos where I wish I could get the larger focal length compression 

29 minutes ago, salim said:

For me this is HUGE!

shooting 50mm or better yet 90mm equivalent image with a phantom would make such a big difference. I have tons and tons of drone photos where I wish I could get the larger focal length compression 

Yes, I can see what you mean. When I posted I hadn’t given it much thought and really meant it was something that I personally wasn’t looking for. Certainly for more ‘professional’ type work I can see why people would want/need this.

1 hour ago, Robert Collins said:

Yes, I can see what you mean. When I posted I hadn’t given it much thought and really meant it was something that I personally wasn’t looking for. Certainly for more ‘professional’ type work I can see why people would want/need this.

A lot of the shots here wont look as dramatic without the longer focal length. On a 24mm equivalent the background buildings etc, would be too small and wont be as dramatic as they look on parts of the shots, here. These guys flew their Inspire2 which is very hard for people to travel with. Yes, a mavic would be awesome. But Phantom is still doable, I've traveled to bunch of places with it.