Behind the Scenes footage

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hadn't planned to be part of this 48Hours, as it was announced last minute and everyone is under lockdown. But I got asked to do some lines, so I tried my hand at voice over acting! At least I've got the nifty gear to whip something together?

Also an excuse to set up a workflow I'll be using on shoots once lockdown is lifted, but the coronavirus is still a health & safety concern. Likely, the lav tracks will not be the option for some edits. But what if I can still give the editor more options than just the single boom track? Thus my plan to loop my boom track over AES through the CEDAR DNS-2. Using the mono split feature of the CEDAR DNS-2, I could have one output being a soft touch of noise reduction, and the other option a harder go at noise reduction of the boom track. Thus giving the editor three tracks to choose from in the edit, to select what is best for them. (of course, ideally they should do the NR in post, but not everyone has the skill/software to do that, many projects don't have a dedicated post audio team but just the one editor doing both the visual edit and the audio at once)

This video was filmed with my usual vlogging setup of a Panasonic G6 with an Aputure A.Lav running straight into it, but the Panasonic 25mm f1.7 lens instead as I had my girlfriend Helen to "operate" the camera.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...