Behind the Scenes footage

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Cool!

I'm not sure if you've mentioned these things in another video, but I would be curious to hear more about what equipment you are using, perhaps some specifics around settings (eg, gain at various stages).  The advice of doing trial runs and what issues and treatments you encountered is useful.

I personally judge a Vlog by how useful / entertaining it is, and considering this is a bit more of a practical video, the more information that you can provide that people can use in their own work the better.

As with all creative endeavours, actually publishing things is an achievement and definitely one I respect - keep up the good work!

7 hours ago, kye said:

but I would be curious to hear more about what equipment you are using

I haven't done a video yet of my bag (but I should), and each day it can vary a little (even if just by simply adding/subtracting a wireless). But if you see my past videos, it can give you a rough idea of some things I use, as sometimes I do an unboxing video when I get new stuff and I explain why I got it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCniNTuAtkFiSCQNfIaw9SJw/videos

And I have a partial, and little bit outdated, gear list here:

http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/

8 hours ago, kye said:

(eg, gain at various stages)

Basically you never want to peak at any stage along the process. 

As once that happens it is unrecoverable, no matter how much you might turn it down later on. 

8 hours ago, kye said:

As with all creative endeavours, actually publishing things is an achievement and definitely one I respect - keep up the good work!

Thanks! My approach as been if I let my perfectionist nature take over then I'll never share anything, so I'm embracing the one take with zero editing approach instead. 

Which is what Matt Price does (and he is the biggest YouTuber in my little teeny niche of pro production sound recordists, with a huge number of four thousand subscribers! :-o Well, big for this obscure niche! ha):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtHYM50mRY7o-VMGhEDzOnw

8 hours ago, kye said:

The advice of doing trial runs and what issues and treatments you encountered is useful.

It is a bit fvcked that production will frequently not prioritize sound appropriately, so it isn't infrequent that I can't properly monitor sound during the takes inside cars. But at least the ride around for the first take gave me a rough idea of how well it was going or not. 

1 hour ago, Dude_ger said:

It' s kinda old and vfx, but hey- fire ;)

FIRE! Everything is more fun with that :-P

Are those special stunt bricks, rubber ones? Or just normal bricks?

28 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

Super impressive beard. I've never been able to go more than 10 days. :grin:

Is about three years and a bit I've had it. 

But once it was only a year or two long then it pretty much stopped growing any more. 

Did anyone notice the seat created out of apple boxes that DoP was leaning/sitting on? I found that amusing. 

Oh, and the hat I was wearing I got given the day beforehand for FREE! :-D 
As we were shooting in clothes store. 

4 hours ago, TwoScoops said:

Super impressive beard. I've never been able to go more than 10 days. :grin:

There's a stage when it gets itchy that most people can't get past, but after that it's all fine.  I used to have a goatee and every year for Movember someone would ask me about how long the itchiness goes for :)

I'm vlogging during 48HOURS, which is a film contest in NZ that has been running since the dawn of time, that hundreds and hundreds  and hundreds of teams across the country compete to make a  complete short film in only 48hrs! :-o

I'm on the team which won last year, "Cool Story Bro".

https://www.48hours.co.nz

Q:What is better than being on a 48Hours Team? 
A: Being on *TWO* teams at once!

As I worked late through the night and barely slept... But by my own choice, because I'm certifiably insane! As after we wrapped I then went and joined another team to do their sound through the night....

I must be mad. 

Then after a very late finish last night with the other team, I got up early in the morning to help on sound post for my main team for 48Hours! We're getting closer, the finish line is creeping up.