[GH5] New prime lens

Aquilasfx

Hello, I have a GH5 with many Nikon G lenses adapted with metabones.

I recently like to shot with GH5 with 50mm 1.4G (100mm equivalent), for its size, but I don't really like manual focus system of NIKON 50mm 1.4G, it's not usable.

I would like then to buy a new lens, compact 35mm/50mm FF, to use with my GH5, that is usable in manual focus and have a good bokeh.

- PL 42.5 1.2 (good quality, but in manual focus?)

- Voigltander 42.5 f0.95 or 25 f0.95 MFT?

- Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 Leica mount? and then adapting it to MFT. I'd like to buy a lens that I can adapt to other systems, if in the near future I would sell GH5

Budget 700/800€

All the bests, C

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Aquilasfx said:

Anyone?

Leica R's - both brilliant and one of the two best longlife solution if they are in optimal condition ... but be careful with adapters Leica R to M43 - from three of Chinese origin that I had, no one doesn't completely focus to infinity! The same story with Leica R to Canon EF (and than to speedbooster EF/m43)... Even first version of Metabones isn't perfect... I don't know about second, I sold Leica R lenses just to, out of curiosity, invest on further lens testing... Now I'd keep them.

42 minutes ago, anonim said:

Leica R's - both brilliant and one of the two best longlife solution if they are in optimal condition ... but be careful with adapters Leica R to M43 - from three of Chinese origin that I had, no one doesn't completely focus to infinity! The same story with Leica R to Canon EF (and than to speedbooster EF/m43)... Even first version of Metabones isn't perfect... I don't know about second, I sold Leica R lenses just to, out of curiosity, invest on further lens testing... Now I'd keep them.

Did you find an adapter solution for the Leica R's that focuses to infinity? Ill be using them with a m43 speedbooster?

Mostly not, but I didn't try all possible adapters solutions - from my living place is very hard to get more sophisticated tools out of cheaper China-made adapters... and while first Metabones R adapter, if I remembered well, was good in focusing, it was extremely tight fitting... I personally had a lens-master that made some corrections inside lenses to be more precise in focusing to infinity.

But maybe it is more matter of tolerance... at any case, I'd suggest first to try any more expensive adapter or combination, especially if you plan to use combination of dumb R-EF to MSB EF-m43 adapter... and I'm not sure if Metabones has upgrade original version for Leica R.

Nothing more clever to say that is not widely explained - besides signature of pleasant milky colors, Leica R's lesser contrast quality is today more precious because of highly capable grading software.. BTW for me was always interesting that Panasonic's so-called Leica lenses are in color rendition actually far more similar to Zeiss than Leica R line...

And maybe worth noting - I found that tiny little bit softer (than primes) image of Leica R 28-70 zoom had the best grading starting point from all zooms that I tried...

1 hour ago, anonim said:

Mostly not, but I didn't try all possible adapters solutions - from my living place is very hard to get more sophisticated tools out of cheaper China-made adapters... and while first Metabones R adapter, if I remembered well, was good in focusing, it was extremely tight fitting... I personally had a lens-master that made some corrections inside lenses to be more precise in focusing to infinity.

But maybe it is more matter of tolerance... at any case, I'd suggest first to try any more expensive adapter or combination, especially if you plan to use combination of dumb R-EF to MSB EF-m43 adapter... and I'm not sure if Metabones has upgrade original version for Leica R.

Nothing more clever to say that is not widely explained - besides signature of pleasant milky colors, Leica R's lesser contrast quality is today more precious because of highly capable grading software.. BTW for me was always interesting that Panasonic's so-called Leica lenses are in color rendition actually far more similar to Zeiss than Leica R line...

And maybe worth noting - I found that tiny little bit softer (than primes) image of Leica R 28-70 zoom had the best grading starting point from all zooms that I tried...

Guys, I don't talk about Leica R line, but Leica M version...

23 minutes ago, Aquilasfx said:

Guys, I don't talk about Leica R line, but Leica M version...

As far as I now, based on their optic construction rangefinder lenses are not used seriously in m43, nor in video production in general - especially not wider lenses. But I'm very interested to try Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm.