Blackmagic color

tomsemiterrific

Just put the free Captain-Hook LUT "Hook_BM4KFilm2Vid_3DLC-VIBE_V1" (designed for the old color science) to the illegally uploaded NAB clip (no CC, nothing) and made a screenshot of frame 00:02:07:17 (one that looked well exposed), see attachment.

Now if you keep in mind that the whole set represents a once-dreaded color-temperature-mix, that there probably was not an exact WB taken on set, that I did not apply any corrections and that the LUT is not tailored for this particular color scheme - I dare say nobody needs to be afraid of poor colors with the "Batcam".

Once Hook makes new LUTs available in fall - look nowhere else. 

P4k with Hook-Lut.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, Axel said:

Just put the free Captain-Hook LUT "Hook_BM4KFilm2Vid_3DLC-VIBE_V1" (designed for the old color science) to the illegally uploaded NAB clip (no CC, nothing) and made a screenshot of frame 00:02:07:17 (one that looked well exposed), see attachment.

Now if you keep in mind that the whole set represents a once-dreaded color-temperature-mix, that there probably was not an exact WB taken on set, that I did not apply any corrections and that the LUT is not tailored for this particular color scheme - I dare say nobody needs to be afraid of poor colors with the "Batcam".

Once Hook makes new LUTs available in fall - look nowhere else. 

P4k with Hook-Lut.jpg

I'm not overly fond of the orange and teal look. If I were working with a LUT, I wouldn't want it to automatically apply that color scheme. @cantsin's treatment without LUT looks more natural to me:

grab_1.2.1.jpg.3ad6ee03f75fe06a25e6ae8bbb0b2f8a.jpg

20 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I'm not overly fond of the teal and orange look. If I were working with a LUT, I wouldn't want it to automatically apply that color scheme.

Well, unlike S-Log, BM FILM is not that hard to grade "from scratch". 

45 minutes ago, jonpais said:

But your statement that 'it's already very close now' isn't supported by what we see in the video you shared.

Yeah I agree when I compare it side by side, the differences are more noticable. It looked pretty close to me when I was watching the video. Curious how dramatic the colour science 4 update will be :) 

9 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

@Axel That looks great for such a quick, one click color. Nice one.

I'm not sure if it's illegally uploaded, maybe illegally captured? But I'm fairly certain there's no copyright on the actual footage, unless BM made people sign stuff before they could pick up the camera right?

Funny... so, à la Edison now... copyright belongs to the camera manufacturer (l'auteur...), not the shooter... LOL :-)