The House Invictus (feature film shot on GH5)

deezid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

What to say... when I feel shame just to click on Like button :)

Above all, I'm so glad because of radiating spirit of great devotion and love between all involving crew. It must be that there's no any significant budget, but pure enthusiasm - otherwise you'd not shoot on GH5 :) 

Cheers to all of members - and thank you for the beautiful example how sometimes dreams are becoming reality! (I think that William Ernest Henley and all other unconquered spirits are proud of you :)

On 4/13/2018 at 12:26 PM, deezid said:

Hey, finally done with the trailer to our debut feature film at 55Media shot almost entirely on the Panasonic GH5 (some shots on the GoPro6 and P4P) in just 12 days.
Our best work yet. Movie is still going through post-production.

Wow; this looks incredible! Bravo!

Thanks for all the love so far. Really appreciate it. And sorry for the late replies.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:43 AM, IronFilm said:

Love to hear more about the production and pre production side of this, & what was the size of the crew you used? Any BTS? And your distribution plans?

Pre-Production took a few weeks. Uche Aguh wrote it basically while casting and searching for locations to shoot and adjusting the script to it at the same time! I worked on a shotlist, schedule and lighting/equipment.

Production took place nearby Atlanta in a small town called Palmetto. A very eary place tbh. We shot over a time-frame of 11 days. We had a crew of 6 people. Right now we are working on post-production. Some bts pictures can be found here: http://55media.net/portfolio/the-house-invictus/

On 4/14/2018 at 3:20 AM, Emanuel said:

How high ISO you went on GH5 there?

pushed it up to 6400 in some situations.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, sanveer said:

Looks very good. Out of curiosity, did you think of adding some grain? It already looks very impressive as it is, the grain may just add a little bit more. My two cents. 

I already added some grain. Sadly the internal NR on the GH5 is very strong and smudges lots of low contrast detail and YouTube does the rest... (Waiting for the Pocket 4K) 
Here is a link to a higher quality version on vimeo:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, deezid said:

Redid the whole colorgrading process in ACES after some tests. Way cleaner than any LUT based workflow in REC709 colorspace I used before!
This is how the movie will look like:

Wow, this is probably the best looking GH5 footage that I have seen and yes this is definitely better than the original... and that looked great as well.

You’re obviously a very talented and skilled operator and colorist but even with my limited talent and skill, this makes me think that maybe I discounted the GH5 too soon.