Fuji X-T2 Gets F-log, 120 fps.

Geoff CB

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Don Kotlos said:

It's a great update, but it would be better if they had added Eterna instead of F-log. 

I think there will be one more FW update on the XT2 that will bring Eterna. The XH1 is too new to port it to other bodies. You can shoot Flog internal and use the Fuji Eterna LUT, which is the next best thing.

The AF improvements and the stacking function are big improvements as well.

I really wanted to see Sony allow FF/s35 mode to be assigned to a custom button on the a7r2 instead of having to go into the menus. They did - with the a7r3. They could really learn a lot from Fuji.

Chris

5 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

I think there will be one more FW update on the XT2 that will bring Eterna. The XH1 is too new to port it to other bodies. You can shoot Flog internal and use the Fuji Eterna LUT, which is the next best thing.

I really wanted to see Sony allow FF/s35 mode to be assigned to a custom button on the a7r2 instead of having to go into the menus. They did - with the a7r3. They could really learn a lot from Fuji.

Chris

Just curious - are there any before/after comparisons of AF online yet?

• Super Members
Just now, jonpais said:

Just curious - are there any before/after comparisons of AF online yet?

I don't think its out until next month.

The low light limit for AF being extended and being able to use it up to f11 should be simple pass/fail though.

The other two changes are subjective and will need someone who tracks oncoming birds in flight at varying focal lengths to test !

1 minute ago, BTM_Pix said:

The low light limit for AF being extended and being able to use it up to f11 should be simple pass/fail though.

The other two changes are subjective and will need someone who tracks oncoming birds in flight at varying focal lengths to test !

The AF improvements coming to the X-T2 are already in the X-H1, so it could be tested. And it's not like f/11 fails to focus, it's that it will now work with phase detection autofocus, which ist faster. 

3 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Fujirumors believes there will be an announcement tomorrow but that the firmware will not be available till May - https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-full-details-of-upcoming-firmware-udpates-first-images-of-gf-250mmf4-and-gf-1-4x-teleconverter/

19 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

You can shoot Flog internal and use the Fuji Eterna LUT, which is the next best thing.

I wish it were that effective. I find the curve imposed by the LUT to be too harsh. If there was an Eterna color / mild-curve LUT that could be further refined, I would appreciate that a lot.

• Super Members
44 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

And it's not like f/11 fails to focus, it's that it will now work with phase detection autofocus, which ist faster. 

I'm not saying it can't.

I was referring to the testing of it not being subjective in the same way as the other improvements will be.

I have the 100-400 they cite and any improvement on focus speed in lower light with or without the teleconverters will be welcome. Not to mention obvious ;)

I'm very much looking forward to better low light AF speed on my Fujis, that's really the only major issue that keeps me from selling my Nikons for stills. 120fps also fills a hole that I've wanted to fill but I could never justify buying yet another camera just for that capability. Even without F-Log I find that the Fuji cross cuts just fine with my C100mk2, I think my X-T2 is going to be the perfect on gimbal b-cam for me.

16 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

Chris

Yeah I'm pretty upset my A7r II never received the "my menu" option. I've stuck with sony instead of fuji mainly due to sensor size and RS.

10 hours ago, jhnkng said:

Even without F-Log I find that the Fuji cross cuts just fine with my C100mk2, I think my X-T2 is going to be the perfect on gimbal b-cam for me.

As another C100mk2 shooter, totally agree.

@everyone   Here is something interesting - http://colorizer.net/

I will contact them about possibly creating an Eterna LUT. Would be great if others did as well. Regardless, really hits the mark of having a film sim LUT without the heavy contrast curve I dislike in the official Eterna LUT. I am certainly buying them a coffee.

21 minutes ago, Walter H said:

As another C100mk2 shooter, totally agree.

@everyone   Here is something interesting - http://colorizer.net/

I will contact them about possibly creating an Eterna LUT. Would be great if others did as well. Regardless, really hits the mark of having a film sim LUT without the heavy contrast curve I dislike in the official Eterna LUT. I am certainly buying them a coffee.

That's actually my site :) I believe I could easily create a flatter Eterna LUT, but I don't have the X-H1, and I don't know anyone in my area (Hungary, Europe) who has one.
(If you try my LUTs, make sure to switch the clip to video levels.)

3 minutes ago, Prandi said:

hello attila,
you are not alone here from Europe, I am from Austria ..also neighbors :-)
and I have the X-t2 and the x-h1.
I like to read with you .. very little because my english is very bad. gr. Franz

Hello, that's nice to know :) Und ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen :)

Ich kann auch Deutsch wenn nötig!

@Attila Bakos Amazing! Yes, would like to talk more about a flatter Eterna. I have a X-H1 that I believe I will return early next week. Want to give myself the weekend to be sure, but with the upcoming X-T2 firmware, I think that sealed it for me. What I would miss the most is the Eterna and the shutter if the X-H1. You could help with one of those at least! :)

Can you give me a shot list to shoot in both Eterna and FLog that I  can shoot I've the weekend? Various conditions? What do you need?

Honest question. Why took them a couple of years to do something that was doable since day 1? 

Does this have something to do with overheating, and didn't want to fry their electronics early in their warranty period, or didn't want to, just because?

2 minutes ago, Walter H said:

Can you give me a shot list to shoot in both Eterna and FLog that I  can shoot I've the weekend? Various conditions? What do you need?

That's not that easy unfortunately. I created my own method and software to do these conversions. I take about 15000 reference points from each profile to build the conversion LUTs. So basicly I need to have the body for a few days, I can't give away my method and tools.