Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K - GH5S killer?!?!?

flip21

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Does it matter if the Pocket 4K is better (or, indeed, worse) than any other camera on the market? If it does what you want it to do then isn’t that sufficient? I ordered one because I like the BM image - I don’t care if it’s better than a Panasonic, or Sony, or RED, or a barbie cam. Nor does it matter to me if a C200, A7S3, RED Hydrogen etc etc are “better”. Mine might be bigger (sorry, better) but that’s irrelevant? Other cameras are inevitably better at some things and not so good at others.

But if we are playing that game, then I think for the majority of consumers then no, the GH5 is the ”better” buy if only for stabilisation and auto-focus. Convenience is a massive advantage for a lot of people. 

In my opinion, the Pocket 4K is better IFF the priority is the image.

But I can’t wait to see if 25k ISO is even remotely useable...

16 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Do they throw in overheating for free?

yes, I guess so, but the viewer/audience doesn't care about that. He wants the best IQ possible, and things in focus ;) . The GH5 IQ is really bad, comparing to the A6500, or any APSc camera, and the AF... it is awfull... but since you are a Sony hater, you can buy the Fuji T20, for 800€ ;)

As for the IBIS you can buy a cheap gimball, for 200$. The A6500 is really light...

One thing is for sure, GH5/GH5s owners will loose their nerves, and get nuts, when their favorite and expensive panasonic camera price start falling down when we reach September 2018... they will get crazy about the fact that they loose so much money  in a couple of months or so....  eheh

4 hours ago, flip21 said:

One thing is for sure, GH5/GH5s owners will loose their nerves, and get nuts, when their favorite and expensive panasonic camera price start falling down when we reach September 2018... they will get crazy about the fact that they loose so much money  in a couple of months or so....  eheh

Wow, just wow.

I feel so sorry for you for feeling the urge to state sth like that.

15 minutes ago, jase said:

Wow, just wow.

I feel so sorry for you for feeling the urge to state sth like that.

I'm not sure If I understand you correctly. We are only talking about technology here, don't be so sensitive, relax man ;) ... anyway, I didn't start this provocation ;) ....don't you feel sorry about Sony owners? People are always making fun of them and saying that their A6500 overheats?!?!? I bet you are a GH5 owner? Right? :)

I don't feel the urge of anything, I'm just saying that one shouldn't be so extremist in defending a brand, because in the end Brands only care about making money... when people start being brands fun boys, it "annoys" me... I always look for the best bang for the buck... the GH5 price was really high, and even so people bought it. It was a worst camera than the A6500, and 1000$ more expensive, with terrible AF.... GH5 owners got really angry also when the GH5s was releases. Is the same with Sony a6300 owners, they feel deceived when the A6500 was released with IBIS etc... 

PS: I take the "eheh" from my previous comment back ;) ... I din't mean it :(

11 hours ago, flip21 said:

We are only talking about technology here, 

If that were true then absolutely, if you want to compare technology then go ahead.

But your posts do also refer to Panasonic owners “getting nuts” (?)  and the need to feel “sorry” for Sony owners. That’s not technology - it’s about people. 

Point out why, for you, the Pocket is the one you’ve preordered (I assume you have) but there’s no need to insult Panasonic or Sony owners et al. For me, I preordered because of an irrational belief that the image quality will be superb (irrational solely because I’ve not seen any) - I also own Sony cameras and I’m fine with that.

1 hour ago, Snowfun said:

If that were true then absolutely, if you want to compare technology then go ahead.

But your posts do also refer to Panasonic owners “getting nuts” (?)  and the need to feel “sorry” for Sony owners. That’s not technology - it’s about people. 

Point out why, for you, the Pocket is the one you’ve preordered (I assume you have) but there’s no need to insult Panasonic or Sony owners et al. For me, I preordered because of an irrational belief that the image quality will be superb (irrational solely because I’ve not seen any) - I also own Sony cameras and I’m fine with that.

No, I didn't preorder it.... I just said that Panasonic owners “getting nuts” in reponse to the IronFilm provocation ;)  ehehe

I just want the best bang for the buck. We already know how technology is, things tend to be cheaper, and better overtime--- what I really wasn't used to was to brand's fun boys. I went from Sony to Canon, then to Panasonic, and then, to Samsung...  because I always wanted the best camera, but also the cheappest one too... but I really don't understand why people stand for their favorite brand, no matter what... I wasn't used to fun boys... I though people wanted the best camera, and also the cheaper one... people get really senstitive when people say bad things about their favorite brand gear... 

When I talked about felling sorry for Sony owners, I meant why did  jase "attack me", and didn't do the same thing when IronFilm said the A6500 comes with overheating? 

• 3 months later...