The Moniter for the Masses.

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
38 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

It's both bigger, and heavier (almost double the weight) from the Focus, and if you don't need the recording thing, it is a lot more expensive too. It is 8bit (+2 FRC) so I am not sure about the HDR thingy (I am not sure, because everyone and their mothers claim HDR compatibility these days), I should probably check HDR on my phone, which is both Dolby and HDR compatible and has a 5.7" screen!

Overall, is a great product and with a right price, more appealing than BM 5" for sure, but for monitoring, I would go with the smallest and lightest possible. 

I used the 502 and loved it. But in daylight, it's difficult to see. I would like to try the Focus but to me, I would purchase the bundle and that puts it very close to the price of the atomos. And for that, the atomos has the advantage of 1000nits and also a recorder (which I don't need for the moment).

@zerocool22 Recently I have various issues with older directors, not been able to monitor well with 7", so may in the future I will go to something like this. I am dead serious, too. Directors love screen estate, makes them feel more important somehow (I have seen them love PC monitor screens on set).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-6-Inch-1920X1080-HDMI-Raspberry-Pi-3-PS3-PS4-WiiU-Xbox360-Display-Monitor/273088525332?hash=item3f95583414:m:mVu0XVF_ZrtcTTUjj8UoZFw

9 hours ago, froess said:

I used the 502 and loved it. But in daylight, it's difficult to see. I would like to try the Focus but to me, I would purchase the bundle and that puts it very close to the price of the atomos. And for that, the atomos has the advantage of 1000nits and also a recorder (which I don't need for the moment).

The Atomos needs a bundle as well! I got the Focus bundle for GH5. Preferably test both before you choose. The BlackMagic assist looks ok in specs, in real life wasn't anything like the Focus, where everything you put atop your camera (especially a hybrid/Pocket4K) really counts. With the recent announcements, recorders will be an afterthought I guess, the latest Panasonic and BM have everything you need on board, codec wise, and I am sure more will follow.

14 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

The Atomos needs a bundle as well! I got the Focus bundle for GH5. Preferably test both before you choose. The BlackMagic assist looks ok in specs, in real life wasn't anything like the Focus, where everything you put atop your camera (especially a hybrid/Pocket4K) really counts. With the recent announcements, recorders will be an afterthought I guess, the latest Panasonic and BM have everything you need on board, codec wise, and I am sure more will follow.

I agree, recorders will become obsolete. In the meantime, I'm interested in the ninja v. Mostly because of the small size and 1000nits.

For me this is the Highlight of NAB together with the FCPX upgrade.

yes,the new BM seems to be a steal,but it’s only targeting the GH5s crowd, not the GH5 users like me who are after Hybrids and run and gun.

Anyway. The new Ninja V is really something and probably a big hint that RAW is coming, most likely with the A7S MKIII. And hopefully Panasonic follows suit.

and then the upcoming Ronin S ... oh yes ?

B

20 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

For me this is the Highlight of NAB together with the FCPX upgrade.

yes,the new BM seems to be a steal,but it’s only targeting the GH5s crowd, not the GH5 users like me who are after Hybrids and run and gun.

Anyway. The new Ninja V is really something and probably a big hint that RAW is coming, most likely with the A7S MKIII. And hopefully Panasonic follows suit.

and then the upcoming Ronin S ... oh yes ?

B

Same here. I was hoping to hear about the Atlas Orion anamorphics though - were they even at the show? bizarre...

I can't agree that monitor/recorders are dead, especially when more and more productions will be shooting HDR in the future. And no camera

LCD can achieve 1,000 nits brightness. I also would not want to rely upon a small LCD screen for pulling focus, and neither do film crews.

The Pocket looks like it has an awesome screen, but the inability to tilt makes it a little awkward.