Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ugly... someone said so...?

No worries, no girls for dating... LOL

...so, other skills must honor the craft and no photo shoot shall be missed ; ) my best bet: skirts won't miss them too : D prep your RAW weaponry under one grand price range (or so) this time ; ) no redvolution but simultaneously lighter within your pocket with no need to break the bank either :-)

What's that thing where the hot-shoe mount normally goes?  Is it a 1/4-20 hole?  Of some kind of sensor?

My impression is that it looks like quite a functional camera, and for those that run-and-gun, might be a body that doesn't need as much rig added to it, which would make it a bit more low-key which is great for not attracting attention.  
Something I've seen a lot on YT and with photographers is that once a camera goes above a certain size then you basically can't film in public as the 'public officials' hassle you for film permits.

Looks great to me!

Very Masculine Aggressive looking design.  It looks like Tech from the Future Wars In Terminator Movies.... 

Man it looks tough wonder if that body is mostly metal?

If that is $1500 or below and does everything BMPCC1 does but 4K =Winner!

anything more is a bonus.   

If $2500 ish I will be priced out...Sadly.

This will be great if the higher frame options are real. This could be the perfect camera right now.

And It's true that we have cameras like the mentioned GH5... but IMO it just doesn't have a useable 4k (or even 2k) image for serious work. The the NR and Sharpness settings don't have a full-off setting and  they're ruining the image. There is just no real detail in either the GH5 or GH5s. It's all plastic looking garbage.

I'd much rather have a smaller-sensor with real-detail... a real high-end image that their other cameras have. Ket's hope theyve pulled it off!!!

15 minutes ago, bwhitz said:

This will be great if the higher frame options are real. This could be the perfect camera right now.

And It's true that we have cameras like the mentioned GH5... but IMO it just doesn't have a useable 4k (or even 2k) image for serious work. The the NR and Sharpness settings don't have a full-off setting and  they're ruining the image. There is just no real detail in either the GH5 or GH5s. It's all plastic looking garbage.

I'd much rather have a smaller-sensor with real-detail... a real high-end image that their other cameras have. Ket's hope theyve pulled it off!!!

Let's wait and see. I think Blackmagic will once again mail the cinematic look.

Such a shame that Panasonic doesn't offer a NR and sharpening OFF setting. Ruining maybe isn't the right word, but GH5(s) footage needs lots of post processing and filtering to get rid of the video look. Blackmagic footage doesn't.

1 hour ago, Juxx989 said:

Looks great to me!

Very Masculine Aggressive looking design.  It looks like Tech from the Future Wars In Terminator Movies.... 

Man it looks tough wonder if that body is mostly metal?

If that is $1500 or below and does everything BMPCC1 does but 4K =Winner!

anything more is a bonus.   

True! can be THE small video camera. I do not know about beauty or not, but that body seems very well designed for video work, and the big openings just above the sensor can offer reliable cooling of it and the camera. This maybe the small body camera we were waiting since the 5DmkII revolution. Well done BM, they seem to have learn from their mistakes.

17 minutes ago, bwhitz said:

What do you mean the GH5 and the (totally different looking footage) GH5s are not usable for serious work?!?! I, and a lot of people I know (I do not own any of those) we have done a lot of serious work with it (TV series, documentaries, video clips, events, e.t.c).

Maybe you don't like them, but those 2 cameras have up the whole game a lot, and pushing the industry for the benefit of all of us.

1 hour ago, Juxx989 said:

Yup, at that point a GH5S starts to become more compelling

54 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

That camera design is hilarious :joy: Looks like no flip screen either :( 

The image source says otherwise. 

4 hours ago, jonpais said:

That's gotta be the homeliest design I've ever seen.

Wise man say, better homely design that videoy image.

6 minutes ago, mercer said:

I think it looks kinda rad. Don’t know how I feel about external Raw only... but the price will dictate my feelings on that one. Anything over $1500 and I’ll pass for now. At a grand, I’m in. 

I'm ok with it depending on how the new gen of smaller raw recorders like that new atomos are priced. 

5 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

I'm ok with it depending on how the new gen of smaller raw recorders like that new atomos are priced. 

Any more info of 'that new atomos'??

I think I spoke to an Atomos rep  at BVE in 2017 and they hinted that they were going to release smaller recorders that year. Obviously didn't happen!

7 minutes ago, mercer said:

I think it looks kinda rad. Don’t know how I feel about external Raw only... but the price will dictate my feelings on that one. Anything over $1500 and I’ll pass for now. At a grand, I’m in. 

I don't mind the looks either and the grip looks pretty comfortable.

Keep in mind that it could be that 4k 60p raw is external only and 4k raw up to 30p might still be internal. If there is no internal raw at all it would be weird considering all other BM cameras have it and are kind of known for it in a way.