Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

C'mon... Grant Petty had a prototype working and recording for cards and SSD today! Didn't you naysayers see it yet? ; )

Footage cycle has its marketing cycle as well. Just for your sake, people, haven't you noticed yet along the usual announcements on BMD cameras? :-)

To me It looks like black magic flavor of crowdfunding... And once upon a time (after BMCCC GS fiasco) BM declared that will never again present product that is not ready for distributing. I simply don't like such serious/radical change of policy-mind.

19 minutes ago, kaylee said:

omg ?

professional-insets-xl.jpg?_v=1522820444

> guys, am i to understand that this announcement has been made with no footage? not a single frame?

also, flippy screen brahs. flippy flippy flippy

Unfortunately I am out of likes for today.

But, yes, the AD Agency doing the work, obviously mistook it for a smartphone or GoPro, and planned the campaign for VLogging and action sports among other things. They probably wanted to position this as a camera for everyone.

Btw I still didn't figure out why there is money flying around that biker in that scene with the camera. 

16 minutes ago, kaylee said:

omg ?

professional-insets-xl.jpg?_v=1522820444

> guys, am i to understand that this announcement has been made with no footage? not a single frame?

also, flippy screen brahs. flippy flippy flippy

Agreed. Specs look great, would like to see actual moving images before plunking down the card. Though that handheld shot on the quad is great. Nobody does promo photos better than Blackmagic. Nobody.

10 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

If Panasonic did a RAW and ProRes firmware update for the GH5S.... Wouldn't that be game over Blackmagic? :)

It's funny you said that Andrew! I think Panasonic needs to do this to sell a single GH5S after the BMPCC4K release!

On 4/7/2018 at 11:14 AM, webrunner5 said:

I hope it doesn't mean I have to have a rig like this one to use it!!! There is a Sony A7s mk II in there someplace believe it or not.

http://www.icgmagazine.com/web/next-level-filmmaking/

rigfrom hell.jpg

Probably should have just mounted the a7S II to the dashboard of the taco wagon behind him and used that for stabilization...

5 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Probably should have just mounted the a7S II to the dashboard of the taco wagon behind him and used that for stabilization...

this man looks like hes recently been in an accident or is just about to have one

rigfrom hell.jpg

3 hours ago, jonpais said:

Peace. Six long months shooting that silly thin codec of mine. ? 

A Ha!!! Now you know how we sony a6500 owners felt when the GH5 came out...

:grin:

In all seriousness, I might sell my Sonys and buy an GH5 and some MFT lenses and then pick up the BMPCC4K when it comes out in September. Otherwise I was going to get the a7 III.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

An interesting aspect to retain is the fact this manufacturer has no real high-end to protect other than under 5 grand or so. No bigger boys to handle. The industry standards. This makes the economies of scale as a finest appetizer recipe to salute the income from such so democratic price range. Funny, isn't it?

Hope to wake up tomorrow and to not be back to those old late 80s or early 90s... LOL

It does. The ursa mini pro (6k). But I sure will be buying a pocket v2 for my gimbal work from now on(depending what project it is). Prob will also become my travel camera if the stills pan out great(hopefully enough shutterspeed options)

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Trouble is with this camera is we are going to have to Produce some damn good footage out of it, or it will be our fault, probably not he cameras fault. Yikes. :grimace:

I have sort of an excuse, I am old. Emanuel you do not, I have seen how old you are LoL. Somehow I don't see a Cannes Lion in my future. But you never know. :astonished:

Age is so relative, Don... You have more than some other people over other age groups, my friend. You have the years of your experience we all have to be grateful learning with your insights, listening your thoughts when you give your readers such honor, which is hardly quantified at all : ) Lucky us :-)

6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Just for the record, the GH5 does not shoot garbage plastic looking footage. And while the Pocket 4K is probably awesome, it does not suddenly make shooting Panasonic Log obsolete.

Glad you brought that up. I still seem a bit confused by the HLG workflow if outputting to SD

You just shoot in HLG profile and then is there a LUT for converting from HLG to rec.709??? Or is there more that needs to go into this?

And if so, do you need to use a whole different lut (and re-grade everything) if going to rec 2020???