Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

3 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

Well that's not true. If it was inborn, toddlers would do the same and they love anything. They are molded by society, media, friends, parents into this. Its not even the bully's fault. 
Survival of the fittest would mean I could not win in a fight against them. And thats not true, I have kicked bully's asses who were 2 times as big as me. But the amount of shit I had to deal with afterwards is unbelievable (teachers, parents, students,...) so I changed my attitude and just let them be, so I was another victim of conformity and in my case for the worse looking back. So I am teaching my kids otherwise, if somebody picks on them, you slap them until there is no tomorrow! And they will get zero shit for me while doing so and I will protect them from the shit they get from the teachers/parents/school... And if my kids are bullying, they will get shit from me!

There are leaders and followers. And to the toddlers, you put 5 of them in the room with 2 toys, you can bet the strongest, fittest one will have the best toy, maybe both.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

There are leaders and followers. And to the toddlers, you put 5 of them in the room with 2 toys, you can bet the strongest, fittest one will have the best toy, maybe both.

haha you might be right about the toddlers. 

Yeah I am even agreeing about the part about leaders and followers. But bullies are no leaders though. I never followed anybody in school, neither lead nobody either. There were no role models in my school, just kids more or less the same like me with different skillsets.  Maybe I am too much of an outsider though.

I've been pleased with footage I've seen so far. I think it's getting harder and harder to be blown away with each new camera release, and I'll admit that I'm not blown away. But I'm solidly happy for what it gives for the price. 

I'll definitely be buying if there aren't too many of the usual Blackmagic issues, and that I will wait for the dust to settle.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

I believe the reason for the shaky footage has already been explained.

And Jun Areia does not have to worry about begging for gigs; he’s the founder of the record label that bears his name and quite successful doing what he loves.

Shaky footage is shaky footage & I don't care who you are - it shows a lack of professionalism, there are no excuses for it & is always deemed unacceptable!

And your comments/excuses for him show just how arrogant people in this area are becoming - he wouldn't get or keep a proper gig pulling shit like that....

1 minute ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Shaky footage is shaky footage & I don't care who you are - it shows a lack of professionalism, there are no excuses for it & is always deemed unacceptable!

And your comments/excuses for him show just how arrogant people in this area are becoming - he wouldn't get or keep a proper gig pulling shit like that....

Typical armchair critic thinking he can give lessons to a pro. It’s just test footage for crying out loud. I don’t think you have anything of value to teach Jun about operating a camera or grading footage. 

8 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

I don't understand why you have to be so asinine about this - he explains in the description of the video that he is aware of the fact that the footage is rocky, what the reason for it is, and then goes on to explain why he choose to include the footage anyway. What more do you want?

For those of us that have been around here long enough know full well that Bioskop knows how to operate a BM camera and we also know that he is very helpful to all forum members.

I personally think it’s pretty unbelievable that we get ridiculed for butchering footage but Jun gets a pass for shaky footage?

11 minutes ago, mercer said:

For those of us that have been around here long enough know full well that Bioskop knows how to operate a BM camera and we also know that he is very helpful to all forum members.

I personally think it’s pretty unbelievable that we get ridiculed for butchering footage but Jun gets a pass for shaky footage?

Maybe because Bioskop is the one being pompous here - making absurd comments about how Jun wouldn’t be able to find work because his technique is so shoddy, whereas he’s got 1/4 million subscribers, a thriving multi-million dollar record label and hundreds of music videos that demonstrate he knows something about the craft. 

9 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well I don't even like the handheld look. But it does not matter really. You can stilll judge an image even when its shaky. Wheter with poorly footage you cannot. So surely Jun can get a pass for this one. If this was an actual video not a camera test video. Then it would be a whole different situation.

12 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Typical armchair critic thinking he can give lessons to a pro. It’s just test footage for crying out loud. I don’t think you have anything of value to teach Jun about operating a camera or grading footage. 

Used to work for the BBC years ago - so, yes, i probably could teach him a thing or two about using a camera.

There was no need for him to go handheld as neither she or he moved to any great extent, so no need for shaky footage.

I'm having a go, cause no one is really putting this camera through its paces. And I'd really like to see some footage that is straight out of the camera & by this I mean ProRes HQ in video mode - lets see what the camera can do on its own & then we can decide when to use Film mode or RAW.

1 minute ago, jonpais said:

Maybe because Bioskop is the one being pompous here - making absurd comments about how Jun wouldn’t be able to find work because his technique is so shoddy, whereas he’s got 1/4 million subscribers and a thriving multi-million dollar record label and hundreds of music videos that demonstrate he knows something about the craft. 

Okay and that’s fine. These videos are released to see the strengths of the camera and if the shaky footage bothered Bioskop, then it bothered him. Is he not entitled to an opinion?

The shaky footage bothers me a lot less than the fact that I think the video just doesn’t look good. It seems like it needs IR filtration and I almost wonder if he thought it was set to Raw but was actually set to ProResLT. The lowlight is impressive, though.

I am really interested to see how it compares with the Micro footage.

It seems a lot of people are confusing the question of what the footage shows us about the camera and the question of whether the footage is a polished professional piece.  Possibly motivated by jealousy that they havent got the camera.   Its just a model stood there being shot by the camera hand held,  Its not claiming to be an art piece or a documentary or a music video or anything, so it has no obligation to look polished and professional.

So getting back to the real question at hand which is what the footage shows us about the camera, I think it looks outstanding!   The lack of image artefacts, very good low light performance, good looking highlight latitude, and the cinematic look overall, if you thought that came from a still camera you'd be singing its praise from the rooftops.  Or if you saw this 5 years ago from any camera with a price south of $10,000 you'd be singing its praise from the rooftops.

What else does it show us.  Well it shows that you wont be handholding it for long focal length shots unless the lens is stabilised.  So that is useful information.  But it showed that even with shakiness the rolling shutter wasn't unbearable.  That's useful.    And the fact that the guy bothered to mount a bmmcc to it so we will be able to directly compare, we should be grateful for that information also.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Maybe because Bioskop is the one being pompous here - making absurd comments about how Jun wouldn’t be able to find work because his technique is so shoddy, whereas he’s got 1/4 million subscribers, a thriving multi-million dollar record label and hundreds of music videos that demonstrate he knows something about the craft. 

Which makes the effort of the shoddy P4K video even more baffling.

1 minute ago, MattH said:

It seems a lot of people are confusing the question of what the footage shows us about the camera and the question of whether the footage is a polished professional peice.  Possibly motivated by jealousy that they havent got the camera.

No jealousy, just objective fact. It's not a piece of cinematography worthy of any kind of artistic standard.

12 minutes ago, mercer said:

Okay and that’s fine. These videos are released to see the strengths of the camera and if the shaky footage bothered Bioskop, then it bothered him. Is he not entitled to an opinion?

The shaky footage bothers me a lot less than the fact that I think the video just doesn’t look good. It seems like it needs IR filtration and I almost wonder if he thought it was set to Raw but was actually set to ProResLT. The lowlight is impressive, though.

I am really interested to see how it compares with the Micro footage.

I’ve got no beef with anyone pointing out the obvious flaws in the footage - it’s the gratuitous and wholly unnecessary remarks about Jun that I find offensive. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, MattH said:

it has no obligation to look polished and professional.

What's the point of giving the first cameras to pros then?

So getting back to the real question at hand which is what the footage shows us about the camera, I think it looks outstanding!

Everyone will have their own personal opinion but I think the footage just shows that lacking IBIS hurts handheld shooting.

Until I have shot a great variety of Cinema DNG clips to grade, I am not able to judge the camera. In this video, the footage looks no better or worse than a GH5S, A7 III, etc.

What else does it show us.  Well it shows that you wont be handholding it for long focal length shots unless the lens is stabilised.  So that is useful information.

LOL.

Was that not already obvious to you from any everyday shoot with any camera? You suddenly learnt that useful info from this clip did you... Oh.. Ok.

But it showed that even with shakiness the rolling shutter wasn't unbearable.  That's useful.    And the fact that the guy bothered to mount a bmmcc to it so we will be able to directly compare, we should be grateful for that information also.

The rolling shutter should be ok as it is the same sensor as the GH5S, 13ms readout.

4 minutes ago, jonpais said:

It’s the gratuitous and wholly unnecessary remarks about Jun that I find offensive. 

Yes, important not to be personal. One can critique a video, without being personal about the artist. I am just saying he did not put his best foot forward with this work, and it's a very primitive test video shot like stills. I think, if you're going to have the privilege of one of the first demo cameras you should be doing a lot better stuff than that, that's all.

So this is his best work, a load of tits and ass.

3m views though, which gives you an idea of why he has a demo camera!

17 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’ve got no beef with anyone pointing out the obvious flaws in the footage - it’s the gratuitous and wholly unnecessary remarks about Jun that I find offensive. 

You are the one that brought him up - I don't know who he is, never heard of him & I don't care! No one attacked him by name - all they said was that this wasn't a great example for showing off the camera.

And you're the one who's name calling - think you might be the forum troll?

And yes, I'm baiting you now....

21 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

What's the point of giving the first cameras to pros then?

Everyone will have their own personal opinion but I think the footage just shows that lacking IBIS hurts handheld shooting.

Until I have shot a great variety of Cinema DNG clips to grade, I am not able to judge the camera. In this video, the footage looks no better or worse than a GH5S, A7 III, etc.

LOL.

Was that not already obvious to you from any everyday shoot with any camera? You suddenly learnt that useful info from this clip did you... Oh.. Ok.

The rolling shutter should be ok as it is the same sensor as the GH5S, 13ms readout.

Yes, important not to be personal. One can critique a video, without being personal about the artist. I am just saying he did not put his best foot forward with this work, and it's a very primitive test video shot like stills. I think, if you're going to have the privilege of one of the first demo cameras you should be doing a lot better stuff than that, that's all.

So this is his best work, a load of tits and ass.

3m views though, which gives you an idea of why he has a demo camera!

And amazingly, only the talent is shaking. ?

• Administrators

14,000 views.

Oops. See what happens when you take the sexy KPOP girls out a Youtube vid?! :)

You take the sexy ass wiggling out and what have you got... just a nerd with a new camera :)

Nothing against the guy, but I have no clue what Blackmagic are expecting from this strategy.

How many KPOP fans are there for the girls and music, and how many of his subscribers are interested in a Pocket 4K Camera?!

I've been surprised by the lack of views on these videos too. Even the very first videos seem to have very little interest. And there's a huge jump from the very first video to all the others, even though they were released almost daily.

Nature: 125k

Models Walking in Daylight: 44k

Models Walking at Night: 27k

Balloons: 45k

Models Close Up at Night: 49k

Bugs: 31k

Mountain Bike: 29k