Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

New Update for the 4k and 6k:

What's new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.8

New features for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Improve camera startup time.

Improved USB PTP control performance.

Increase 4K 2.40:1 recording pixel height from 1712 to 1720.

Fixed issue with slow mounting of media containing large number of clips.

New features for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

Fixed issue where EF lens stabilization cannot be turned on if camera is started with lens IS turned off.

This update news has made my day.  Since the last update, the start up time has been worse.  And I was wondering how I would cope when my main working season begins again come April, and I am not able to offload the files as quickly and empty the hard drive.  It didn't take long for the number of files to really slow the start up.  Can't wait to test it.

Hey I know this for the 4K camera but I wanted to post some 6k camera stuff and get your thoughts. First is a music video I shot last year I thought was ok and the 2nd video was a shoot I did with my DP and model and I really pushed it. It’s just a test currently my editor is editing it and I will get it colored. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/wUdkxEAJ8bU

https://youtu.be/wp72zHZgInM

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, Anaconda_ said:

New Update for the 4k and 6k:

What's new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.8

New features for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Increase 4K 2.40:1 recording pixel height from 1712 to 1720.

New features for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

Fixed issue where EF lens stabilization cannot be turned on if camera is started with lens IS turned off.

thanks to you and emanuel, for the info you guys provide. I'm not that vigilant on staying up to date with the pk4. Hardly ever go to the bm website, not because they have jerked my chain or anything, but i just seem to lack the interest in general. In the comments on the details page when you go to get the update file i did however ask them to investigate a means  of retrofitting a flippy screen to a p4k, i'd pay another $200 to have a flippy screen as then, for me the p4k would be killer. How far that request makes it up the chain of command is anyone's guess.

by the way i notice a certain loss of enthusiasm down here in the p4k thread. Has the reign of the mighty p4k thread come to an end ? 😎 Do we now all migrate down to the eos r5 thread and worship there for  awhile  or is there life after p4k ?😉

On 1/23/2020 at 9:25 PM, Adam Kuźniar said:

yeah lol but they'd rather throw around sexist jokes that aren't even funny 

I have considered your reply for awhile now and i dont consider my comment as overly sexist, merely more of a play on the facts. If it had of been a bloke standing there behind the camera i would have come up with another comment regardless. If you want to see sexism at work i suggest you go immerse yourself, in the girls on film thread. Now there a chance to have a real argument against sexism.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:49 AM, leslie said:

by the way i notice a certain loss of enthusiasm down here in the p4k thread. Has the reign of the mighty p4k thread come to an end ? 😎 Do we now all migrate down to the eos r5 thread and worship there for  awhile  or is there life after p4k ?😉

Maybe just those of owners P4k who need to learn and exchange information about it went outside and started to shoot with them? Whether it is best way of usage and really motive of interest for camera - is, at seems, matter of preference. Those who mostly enjoy in comparison and debating about specs and values, simply and inevitable eventually migrate to new theme for their main interest.

I think the hype has died down but its a hugely popular camera. I see it being used a lot and I know a lot of people who are planning on purchasing it. I usually tell them its a good choice. 

I personally am thinking about getting one as well. The Pocket 6k had my attention but now that I think about it the Pocket 4k is probably a better option. Longer battery life, larger FOV with a speedbooster(1.34/1.24 crop depending on speedbooster, compared to 1.6), being able to mount a speedbooster also means a stop more light making it superior in low light, 4k RAW without crop(6k is not always wanted). I am thinking about an S1 or S1H as well but the Pocket is such a good deal at $1000 used. The internal RAW and beautifully easy menu system on Blackmagic is hard to beat. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:03 AM, MeanRevert said:

Yeah, since the 6K came out, you can get great deals on the P4K.  Been very happy with mine although thinking hard about the 6K just because the anamorphic resolution is a lot better there.

Where at? I've been scouring the whole internet for a deal, cause it's either that, a used X-T3, an RP, or the E2C. I can't even really find a worthwhile price used, except for a dude who was selling one with a cracked screen he later sold for $500.

when i need a giggle i visit ebay and type in blackmagic p4k, there several priced at about double what you could buy one for at retail  in aussie dollars. i think the correct term is scalping, but surely any one with half a brain would by  from a retailer but maybe not 🙄 None advertised on ebay are better than retail price, you may as well by new and get the full warranty

2 hours ago, ktfright said:

Where at? I've been scouring the whole internet for a deal, cause it's either that, a used X-T3, an RP, or the E2C. I can't even really find a worthwhile price used, except for a dude who was selling one with a cracked screen he later sold for $500.

Check the Facebook Marketplace. Also, people post on the Blackmagic Pocket 4K FB Group too.

2 hours ago, seanzzxx said:

Holy cow, that is great! May I ask about your grading process?

hey thanks! so i try to do the ole expose to the right technique and I use leeming lut profiles/luts to get me close. then slap a little custom tone at the end that i came up with! when everythings exposed right damn its just beautiful but when i end up with some weird exposures and off white balances it can be a super bear to color correct haha