Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Waterloo!

I contacted again today the local BM distributor and have NO clue at all when they are bringing P4K to the country.

20 October I am starting a project. The plan was to use a new camera (or else the producer will rent a C200).

What other camera with similar ISO performance can you suggest with use with EF lenses?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Waterloo!

I contacted again today the local BM distributor and have NO clue at all when they are bringing P4K to the country.

20 October I am starting a project. The plan was to use a new camera (or else the producer will rent a C200).

What other camera with similar ISO performance can you suggest with use with EF lenses?

Maybe ZCam E2 with speedbooster if BMs are not available. Would also suggest GH5s + speedbooster

4 hours ago, nathlas said:

The local BM distributor doesn't have BMPCC6k ? 

Do not care for P6K, didn't ask.

I am considering the X-T3 now, or the Z7. All over the place, I know..

Just hope it is going to be here before then. It is going to be 2 full months.

Very disappointing that people want to buy the P4K and can't.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:38 PM, Anaconda_ said:

Could you share frames at various points of the lens so we can see the distortion? 

I’d like to see :

12mm

30mm

50mm

100mm

I snapped these quick shots at 12mm, 18mm, & 25mm. I will do one of the "brick wall" tests at some point.

I had no idea that the GH5 & GH5s were correcting things that much. Check out the curve in the crown moulding.

Three shots are the Oly 12-100 on the P4K, the 4 are the Oly 12-100 on a GH5. 

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-P4K

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-P4K.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-#1-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-1-GH5.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-#2-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-12mm-2-GH5.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-18mm-P4KOlympus-12-100-at-18mm-P4K.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-18mm-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-18mm-GH5.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-P4K

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-P4K.jpg

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-GH5

Olympus-12-100-at-25mm-GH5.jpg

6 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Wow 12mm is approaching on fisheye.

Thanks for the tests, very helpful!

I ran some tests with the P6K with some of my lenses to compare it to the P4K. The Tokina 11-16 looks great and is mostly rectilinear, the Sigma 18-35 looks very nice but has very small shifts at the edges, the Canon 24-105 f/4 also looks great. I didn't find any of my lenses that looked bad and none were even remotely close to the Oly 12-100 on the P4K.

10 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Do not care for P6K, didn't ask.

I am considering the X-T3 now, or the Z7. All over the place, I know..

Just hope it is going to be here before then. It is going to be 2 full months.

Very disappointing that people want to buy the P4K and can't.

Completely all over the place.

In case you go for XT3 you need completely new lenses, same for Z7.

I propose BMPCC6K because you asked alternative for EF lenses ( I assumed you allready have?)

Anyway affordable camera with use of EF lenses and RAW is only BMPCC6K this period.

4 minutes ago, nathlas said:

Completely all over the place.

In case you go for XT3 you need completely new lenses, same for Z7.

I propose BMPCC6K because you asked alternative for EF lenses ( I assumed you allready have?)

Anyway affordable camera with use of EF lenses and RAW is only BMPCC6K this period.

I unerstand what you mean, I just not going to shoot on 6K anytime soon, and the Pocket 4K can be used with 0.64/0.71/0.75/2X adapters, a lot more versatile.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I unerstand what you mean, I just not going to shoot on 6K anytime soon, and the Pocket 4K can be used with 0.64/0.71/0.75/2X adapters, a lot more versatile.

Thanks.

are you in britain and the eu have started  running blockades ? ?

that must be pretty embarrassing for bmd to still be so far behind the eight ball. Talk on the facebook page seems to have died down. i thought bmd must have been shipping more units. To be honest i haven't really tried to keep up on whats happening since receiving mine not thats any consolation to you.

4 hours ago, leslie said:

are you in britain and the eu have started  running blockades ? ?

that must be pretty embarrassing for bmd to still be so far behind the eight ball. Talk on the facebook page seems to have died down. i thought bmd must have been shipping more units. To be honest i haven't really tried to keep up on whats happening since receiving mine not thats any consolation to you.

The demand must be pretty strong. B&H restocked when the 6K was announced, I got mine that week (end of July I think) from them in store without a preorder and they seemed to be pretty well stocked. Must have moved a lot of units for them to be sold out again less than 3 months later 

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Thanks.

But if you were planning on shooting with the Olympus 12-100mm anyway, then what’s the difference? You were happy to have a 1.89x crop. 

With the P6K, you can still shoot 4K, you have more native lens options, with no adapters, and a smaller crop.

Just an alternate point of view.

34 minutes ago, mercer said:

But if you were planning on shooting with the Olympus 12-100mm anyway, then what’s the difference? You were happy to have a 1.89x crop. 

With the P6K, you can still shoot 4K, you have more native lens options, with no adapters, and a smaller crop.

Just an alternate point of view.

I have 5 Samyang primes, and a few more EF lenses (the newer 70-200mm 4f among them), and the 12-100mm for run and gun. The lens is very small and light for the range with great stabilization. I already own Lens Regain and Viltrox adapters.

I would never shoot on 6K and I wouldn't buy the Italian speedbooster, so what is the point to spend double the money - 1420euros the P4K and 2799euros the P6K, for things I wouldn't use or need?

If the camera ain't here in a couple of weeks I will just invest on something else, it is a pity to spend the money on a rented camera, while I can buy a new one, even if it ain't the one I really needed, it is an opportunity I can not miss. I may even consider the newer EF-M if it is really worth it! How worst it is against the C200 8bit codec?

My point here is that is really disappointing that BM may loose a customer, and I am sure I am not the only one.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I have 5 Samyang primes, and a few more EF lenses (the newer 70-200mm 4f among them), and the 12-100mm for run and gun. The lens is very small and light for the range with great stabilization. I already own Lens Regain and Viltrox adapters.

I would never shoot on 6K and I wouldn't buy the Italian speedbooster, so what is the point to spend double the money - 1420euros the P4K and 2799euros the P6K, for things I wouldn't use or need?

If the camera ain't here in a couple of weeks I will just invest on something else, it is a pity to spend the money on a rented camera, while I can buy a new one, even if it ain't the one I really needed, it is an opportunity I can not miss. I may even consider the newer EF-M if it is really worth it! How worst it is against the C200 8bit codec?

My point here is that is really disappointing that BM may loose a customer, and I am sure I am not the only one.

I know it was mentioned before, but the Z-Cam E2 seems to be a very serious competitor to the BMPCC cameras, and the reviews by Kai and Look were very favourable without many real down-sides.  There's a newer model IIRC called the E2-C which is cheaper, and may be similar to the P4K?  If you haven't already, maybe have a look at the spec sheet and a few reviews?

6 hours ago, kye said:

I know it was mentioned before, but the Z-Cam E2 seems to be a very serious competitor to the BMPCC cameras, and the reviews by Kai and Look were very favourable without many real down-sides.  There's a newer model IIRC called the E2-C which is cheaper, and may be similar to the P4K?  If you haven't already, maybe have a look at the spec sheet and a few reviews?

Yeah also recommended the Z-Cam E2. I haven't tried it though but looks like it's also a good cam + 4K 120fps without crop. E2-C is a cheaper version but I don't think it can record at 4K with 120fps. I think one downside is that it doesnt work with Viltrox speedboosters so you have to spring for the more expensive Metabones to adapt EF lenses

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Anyone know if the Pocket 4k still has the heavy spatial noise reduction going on that I am hearing about? 

sorry cant help you, cant even say i have heard anything in the facebook p4k group either. There was some talk a month or so ago on the forum about blue sky banding. However myself and a few others couldn't replicate the issue and i haven't heard anymore about it. What   other info do you have ?