Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

In the middle of an more serious and exhausted job, I've found two days and appropriate hero to test Pocket 4k and  Panasonic 12-35, all I had with me at the moment... So, to add contribution to the topic of this so lovely camera... Maybe someone find some usable conclusion about its possibility in extremely unprepared, worse than run/gun conditions - except for plenty of will and little bit of ideas.

4 hours ago, anonim said:

In the middle of an more serious and exhausted job, I've found two days and appropriate hero to test Pocket 4k and  Panasonic 12-35, all I had with me at the moment... So, to add contribution to the topic of this so lovely camera... Maybe someone find some usable conclusion about its possibility in extremely unprepared, worse than run/gun conditions - except for plenty of will and little bit of ideas.

Sorry,  but the picture is really bad, grading is terrible.. it is my opinion

Been having fun with native lenses on the 4K now that I sorted out a few things to make it a bit more handheld. Honestly it’s such a strange looking camera that I think most people assumed I was shooting stills.

Anyway, here’s a quick 30sec sequence. Using the subway as my muse on a fairly bright overcast day in my neighborhood. I was honestly surprised at how decent the onboard mics are for ambient audio. 

Blackmagic Pocket 4k
BRAW
Olympus 45mm f1.8
Sony ND 8
Tiffen ND 0.6

13 hours ago, tonysss said:

Sorry,  but the picture is really bad, grading is terrible.. it is my opinion

Thanks, and no need for excuse, opinions are always welcome, at least they are now divided :) But, apart of usual youtube execution (especially at iso4-5000), it is brief attempt  of two-part quasi artistic  story (not camera-accurateness-intended-showcase) with weird  at first and everyday at second part atmosphere and similar grading goals - and to catch it, it has to be seen all... which might be, I suppose, pretty boring experience.

24 minutes ago, anonim said:

Thanks, and no need for excuse, opinions are always welcome, at least they are now divided :) But, apart of usual youtube execution, it is two-part story with weird and everyday atmosphere and similar grading goals - and to catch it, it has to be seen all... which might be, I suppose, pretty boring experience.

I liked it.

4 hours ago, tonysss said:

I still consider it a better picture (OG BMPPC).

For more than a year I have been waiting for a video from BMPCC4k that would excite me

I’m not much of a pixel peeper. I don’t use any quantitative measure or anything, I just know what my eye likes. And while I do see the difference between the OG and the 4K, I’d be hard pressed to say I like one over the other. They’re slightly different, but not earth shattering, in my humble opinion.

i really like the image I’m getting from the 4K, for the price of the camera I think the image is incredible. I haven’t had a project come through to put it fully through it’s paces, but so far it’s been more than capable of roaming around the city with me in a minimalistic setup. 

Besides the lens, the only thing rigged to the camera is a SmallRig T5 bracket bolted directly to the top 1/4” and a Jobby 5k gorilla pod to use more as a forearm brace than tripod for support. All of it with batteries and filters fit in a Peak Design small sling bag. While not in my pocket, still pretty light setup that’s easy to bring practically anywhere. I even have enough space in the bags for a Cineo Matchbox light 

The screen isn’t ideal, but honestly it’s just as frustrating in direct sun as the c100 mk2’s display, and that one swivels ?

Maybe I’m easily amused, but I’m happy.

Here are a few more quick shots 

BRAW
Panasonic Lumix G 12-35mm ii f2.8
Black Pro-Mist 1/4
Hoya Prond32

On 8/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, drm said:

Hi Yannick,

I do this all the time with my F8n, on multiple P4Ks & P6K. Just plug your BNC cable into the BNC out on the Zoom F8(n) and plug in to the P4K mic input. You will instantly see your timecode sync. Let me know if you have trouble and I can walk you through the steps.

IMG_5194.jpg

I finally got the cable and the P4K syncs perfectly now ! When I play a file on the F8, the timecode changes immediately to the TC in the audio file.

That will save a couple of hours in post-production !

7 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Nice looking grip with Dtap, USB power and dummy battery:

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/09/17/cine-x-battery-grip-for-the-bmpcc-6k-4k/

Having used my P4Ks and my P6K many times on shoots, I wonder about this grip. It looks like it would be great on a tripod, and I love the features, but I really don't see this as being something that would be comfortable to use when going handheld. I have my cameras in a cage with a side handle and a F970 battery on top. With this grip, with the two handles and extra bulk on the bottom, I wonder how well it would work in the field. I would be happy to try it out and see how it works in person.