Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Maybe someone will invent a connector that allows the screen to be mounted in either a tilt or floppy type arrangement.  That would be cool.  I'd appreciate having the option depending on what situation I was in.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I've probably said it before but whoever makes an HDMI input version of this tiltable EVF will make a fortune.

IMG_0056-1-630x409.jpg.2b87f880fbd108b8f1d634a110c13b4c.jpg

Yup, I was searching for a small, hdmi evf for ages the first time I bought the Micro. A small handgrip, a tiny evf, a native m4/3 lens and the Micro would be the tiniest workhorse Cinema Camera around.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, mercer said:

Yup, I was searching for a small, hdmi evf for ages the first time I bought the Micro. A small handgrip, a tiny evf, a native m4/3 lens and the Micro would be the tiniest workhorse Cinema Camera around.

Its a pity Sigma haven't done it for the FP as the loupe is an OK solution but adds such a huge bulk to the overall package.

Olympus used to make the older Leica one but I don't know who makes this newer one. 

The guess, of course, would be that its their good friends Panasonic which begs the question why they don't offer it for their own cameras.

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, kye said:

Not to mention that a touchscreen interface becomes somewhat useless.

Now you're just being picky :)

The FP has enough dedicated buttons outside the screen edge to operate it effectively to be fair but even so a flip up option for the loupe would still be welcome.

48 minutes ago, independent said:

I remember there was a lot of excitement on here about that EVF when it was about to be announced but a lot of deflation when the price was revealed as it was twice what was anticipated.

Its a well specced unit and a good price relative to others in that sort of market though.

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I remember there was a lot of excitement on here about that EVF when it was about to be announced but a lot of deflation when the price was revealed as it was twice what was anticipated.

Its a well specced unit and a good price relative to others in that sort of market though.

The 1920x1080 viewfinders are pricey. The Blackmagic is $1500 and the Zacutos are about $2000. If this one was a little less expensive, they would probably sell very well.

If you want to give yourself a heart attack (or a good laugh) go to B&H. Search for "electronic viewfinder", then sort by price from High to Low. There are some *crazy* expensive ones out there.

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

While this is of course true, speaking in terms of relativity; I could either buy this EVF, or another P4K for the same(ish) price. And I know which route I'd go. 

I personally don't even feel and EVF is strictly necessary. I've shot with the P4K in very bright sunlight, and while it was a little challenging, it was far from impossible and I got great results. Here's a couple examples, both shot with no external batteries, monitors, hoods etc. Just the camera and 14-140mm Pana lens. Here you can see by the shadows that I'm on the sunny side of the street.

793116200_ScreenShot2019-07-19at08_18_26.thumb.png.e34a35c684c7b00bb264f348ebe92eeb.png

And here, there are no shadows, which shows the screen would have been hit by direct sunlight. 976198835_ScreenShot2019-07-19at08_20_54.thumb.png.8f23dcac416347e4dbc695a3c7e439ae.png

(Grabs are off YoutTube, so anyone looking for blue sky funniness, it's on compression not the camera)

• Super Members
33 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

While this is of course true, speaking in terms of relativity; I could either buy this EVF, or another P4K for the same(ish) price. And I know which route I'd go. 

Yep, I think thats exactly where the relativity bit hard with the Portkeys!

Even with the red dot premium, the Leica one is under £400 so it should be possible for someone to bring one to market with the additional electronics and powering for that sort of price which I think makes it a different proposition.

Nice shots by the way.

• Super Members
12 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

Wow, what a development!  Does the unit have a follow-focus gear to integrate with manual focus lenses or does it only work with Panasonic/Leica lenses?

It works with any native MFT lens and EF lenses on a Metabones smart adapter.

2 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Knowing how much better the native lenses autofocus, I suspect the performance is much better when not using adapted lenses.

5 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

By the way, is the communication two-way? I mean, if I select a focus point using the touch screen, are you able to use that information with your focus system to maintain focus?

• Super Members
5 minutes ago, drm said:

Knowing how much better the native lenses autofocus, I suspect the performance is much better when not using adapted lenses.

Its manually autofocusing (as contradictory as that sounds) so the behaviour is different to the internal one shot AF.

41 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

Ok, so for something like the Voigtlander lens, will that work because it's a native MFT lens but doesn't have AF?

His solution doesn't use a follow focus motor, so this won't allow you to autofocus manual lenses. He solution sends the focus distance to the camera, which then sends that data to the lens, which performs the focus movement. 

I suspect that he could quickly modify this solution to send the commands to a follow focus motor instead of sending the focus commands to the camera.