Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, Anaconda_ said:

This seems to be the best rig I've seen so far. I have pretty much all the components, or variations of them, so I'm going to try it out pretty soon..

https://youtu.be/vXQ4CnxFJNs

The rig is nice.  what I liked best is that he made a video that had great editing, showing the important things but not wasting any more time on long-winded tangents like most reviewers :) 

26 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Flip screen on p4k, non-destructive mod:

But how is it displaying an image? There's no HDMI cable.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Hmm PK4 ends up being pretty heavy handed with Red. A known problem on here, not addressed by BMD. Camera, or it doesn't like Resolve?

@CaptainHook addressed it when the first load of cameras were sent out and someone noticed it. You can change the colour profile in Resolve to fix the issue.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:19 AM, CaptainHook said:

The overexposed super saturated LEDs are clipping the gamut. This will happen with Gen 4 on 4.6K too. You can reduce the issue by soft clipping the gamut using the colour space transform Resolve FX plugin. Here I am using the Broadcast gamut because the Pocket 4K option isn't in the colour space transform plugin at this time but they are actually the same gamut/primaries anyway.

GamutSoftClipping.thumb.png.f0fb20c552b16674dc10c05f0a4f6a59.png

Without soft clipping the gamut:

GamutClipped.thumb.png.4740d3be34472be323541bdbb2f5c6d2.png

56 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

But how is it displaying an image? There's no HDMI cable.

My guess is he took the screen from the BMPCC4K out of the casing and it's still connected with it's ribbon cable to the main pcb.

Nice mod by the way! Looking really professional.

@androidlad C'mon, let's spill the beans! Where did you find it? Source? : )

Here are more two colorful samples to prove both the high bitrate acquisition capability + raw properties and nicely highlights roll-off put and nothing harsh as videoish tradition and many others out there gave us for so long since electronic capture popped up -- what times we live today...

Now add anamorphic glass...

...and you'll be able to reach this with hands for ; -)

7 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

@CaptainHook addressed it when the first load of cameras were sent out and someone noticed it. You can change the colour profile in Resolve to fix the issue.

That just addresses Clipping, mostly bright lights at night, LEDs in particular. And that in reality is just a Bandage. They need to change the camera, not change a setting in the NLE. That has nothing to do with Reds that are Suppose to be Orange. So instead of the right color, it just makes the Wrong color less over the top. Hardly a fix.

18 hours ago, androidlad said:

Flip screen on p4k, non-destructive mod:

That's clean work.  Yours?

I also like the QR plate on the top, which might be the answer I'm looking for to move my mic forward a bit so I can use the viewfinder on my GH5.

4 hours ago, kye said:

That's clean work.  Yours?

I also like the QR plate on the top, which might be the answer I'm looking for to move my mic forward a bit so I can use the viewfinder on my GH5.

I like it a lot. A lot of people are dismissing it in the comments. I think in terms of glare being able to tilt is valuable. Monitors are cool but for certain applications the less bulk the better.