Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, anonim said:

Yeah, it was already posted here somewhere in the previous century in this eternity thread :) But, in spite I'm always against nitpicking, I'd  have to repeat that, besides too obvious testing issues (focusing, than probably and white balancing) from such great shooters, resulting difference for me is too noticeable in laptop screen to take it as real. Those scenes from two cameras with DR 13+, I think, should be much more similar, even identical on laptop.

(I can't resist to post one more example of nice and inventive usage of great BM offer to us - sorry, maybe somebody find  some little idea...

My sweet baby boy, if you really think the Pocket 4k has 13+ stops of usable dynamic range I have a bridge to sell you (and this is coming from someone who owns and loves the Pocket 4k!)

9 hours ago, seanzzxx said:

My sweet baby boy, if you really think the Pocket 4k has 13+ stops of usable dynamic range I have a bridge to sell you (and this is coming from someone who owns and loves the Pocket 4k!)

"My sweet baby boy" - that's really first time someone called me :) Such interesting people here...

Actually I don't think anything, just quote BM site: 13 stops, but you already said you know better.

8 hours ago, tonysss said:

thank you for the link to this person https://vimeo.com/stevenleone 

he does a great job at orig BMPCC !

You are welcome... Yes, he is one of those talented people I'm so sad that - as it seems - has no so extremely lucky stars at their side to easy and wider explore/promote their gift

:( 

On 4/26/2019 at 7:03 PM, tekeela said:

Can I get some feedback on my planned P4K purchase list? This is my first camera, first lens, etc. I've tried to do as much research as I can, now I just need some learned eyes to double check I haven't made any real dumb decisions. Planned use will be no-budget narrative fiction and a bit of casual street filming.

Lenses: Meike 25mm T2.2 + Meike 16mm T2.2
Filters: Tiffen 77mm Indie Pro Infrared/ND Filter Kit
Monopod: Sirui P-326S with VH-10X head
Storage: Samsung T5 2TB

I would be planning to buy more of the Meikes as they came out, and I don't have to worry about sound for now. The other alternative would be to go for the Metabones + Sigma route. I already have the camera, a smallrig cage and a couple of batteries. Not sure if I'll need a bigger battery or not.

I have three of the P4K rigs and use them daily. I strongly encourage you to get the 1TB T5 drives instead of the 2TB drives. When shooting BRAW, the 1TB drive holds a LOT of footage (like almost 500 mins at Q5). Having two 1TB drives gives you a backup, gives more flexibility when shooting (like can still shoot while dumping a drive to backup storage), etc. Just my thoughts.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

This seems to be the best rig I've seen so far. I have pretty much all the components, or variations of them, so I'm going to try it out pretty soon..

https://youtu.be/vXQ4CnxFJNs

I have a problem with his setup. He is using a battery plate that has the battery at a 90 degree angle to the rods. The battery plate isn't adjustable, so you can't move it out of the way. With his setup, you will have a hard time touching the screen on the camera (unless you use longer rods). Having an external monitor doesn't mean that you don't have to touch the back monitor on the camera to adjust settings. 

I use longer rails and have a battery plate that can pivot, so I have more room to access the camera screen. I use the Fotga DP500 plate. It isn't perfect, but it does swing out of the way and allows easy access to the back of the camera. I leave the battery horizontal to the rods unless I need more access to the rear of the camera, then I swing the battery up.

41zmX7zI4KL.jpg

2 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Where did you get that? I have been looking for almost that exactly.

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

What is it? From where?

It is some cheap (Hama) shoulder support. I bought it 2-3 years ago for some 10-15 euros. Now I can find only on this site (and it is 40 euros ?; it seems no longer produced so the price is way up). Retractable and easy to put into the bag, mounts in 5 seconds.

Another example for shoulder support:

Holder-2.thumb.jpg.714e2542cf9d58186a25389d85bbdcb2.jpgHolder-3.thumb.jpg.7b6b0d621edea411f8e5358143460387.jpg

And another one, when I want to go wild. ?

3 hours ago, drm said:

I have a problem with his setup. He is using a battery plate that has the battery at a 90 degree angle to the rods. The battery plate isn't adjustable, so you can't move it out of the way. With his setup, you will have a hard time touching the screen on the camera (unless you use longer rods). Having an external monitor doesn't mean that you don't have to touch the back monitor on the camera to adjust settings. 

I use longer rails and have a battery plate that can pivot, so I have more room to access the camera screen. I use the Fotga DP500 plate. It isn't perfect, but it does swing out of the way and allows easy access to the back of the camera. I leave the battery horizontal to the rods unless I need more access to the rear of the camera, then I swing the battery up.

41zmX7zI4KL.jpg

to me the main issue with his rig is focusing, no much room for it. should add a small follow focus

• Super Members

As he's using electronic lenses on it, what he really needs is a wireless controller that does fine and coarse focus control, stores and transitions between focus points, controls the aperture as well as Record Start/Stop and mounts on one of the rails.

I've been using one for a couple of days now and its quite good.

15 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

As he's using electronic lenses on it, what he really needs is a wireless controller that does fine and coarse focus control, stores and transitions between focus points, controls the aperture as well as Record Start/Stop and mounts on one of the rails.

I've been using one for a couple of days now and its quite good.

any link ? don't know this product but interrested in discovering it