Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

A much bit of forgiveness on that 2:42-2:45 flickering and you'll have a decent sample of potential range for such this new device low-light-performance/codec/color-wise... Let alone the price segment ; ) No other brand offers anything even close : X It is what it is : -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
36 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

A much bit of forgiveness on that 2:42-2:45 flickering and you'll have a decent sample of potential range for such this new device low-light-performance/codec/color-wise... Let alone the price segment ; ) No other brand offers anything even close : X It is what it is : -)

Some great shots and an interesting edit. But I despise that heavy teal/orange grade.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I see that it has done a lot of work, cut is amazing. But filmed it was what ? Fuji? A7III ? GH5 ? A7SII ? BMPC4C ? I still see the same image I don't like ..sorry. 

I am still waiting for something from the BMPCC 4K camera that will fascinate me in the picture ... and yet it doesn't come but it should be on time. 

On the contrary, I find more and more amazing stuff from old BMPCC and BMMCC. (Of course, a lot of waste ). 

I like your RX100 videos the most! the little beast RX100 is also interesting ... 

If I traveled like you, I'd rather have a RX100 in my pocket if BMPCC4K + Sigma 18-35 ?

18 minutes ago, tonysss said:

I see that it has done a lot of work, cut is amazing. But filmed it was what ? Fuji? A7III ? GH5 ? A7SII ? BMPC4C ? I still see the same image I don't like ..sorry. 

I am still waiting for something from the BMPCC 4K camera that will fascinate me in the picture ... and yet it doesn't come but it should be on time. 

On the contrary, I find more and more amazing stuff from old BMPCC and BMMCC. (Of course, a lot of waste ). 

I agree. This video looks really DSLR-like. Probably shot using strong internal processing (Braw or ProRes) and bad color grading in the limited V4 colorspace as well.
But using cDNG and using the right colorspace this camera is actually really cinematic.

1 minute ago, deezid said:

I agree. This video looks really DSLR-like. Probably shot using strong internal processing (Braw or ProRes) and bad color grading as well.
But using cDNG and using the right colorspace this camera is actually really cinematic. 

I dare to disagree with humility, I have absolutely no difference in the image if I shoot Prores or DNG on my BM cameras. The possibility of editing DNG in post is excellent. but the image is still the same!

12 minutes ago, tonysss said:

I dare to disagree with humility, I have absolutely no difference in the image if I shoot Prores or DNG on my BM cameras. The possibility of editing DNG in post is excellent. but the image is still the same!

It isn't.
With Braw and ProRes you get strong sharpening and NR (known as the DSLR look), with cDNG there isn't any - when sharpening set to 0 in Resolve.
With Colorspace V4 you get weird lifeless greens and clipped reds which cannot be recovered. With Red IPP2 or ACES (after pulling back) you get perfect reds and greens.

Small test I made using new Rokinon lenses and cDNG inside Red IPP2 last week - download in 4K
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RRTci4cyRqRsN7vNH1EMEKV1N89AXY9p

15 minutes ago, deezid said:

It isn't.
With Braw and ProRes you get strong sharpening and NR (known as the DSLR look), with cDNG there isn't any - when sharpening set to 0 in Resolve.
With Colorspace V4 you get weird lifeless greens and clipped reds which cannot be recovered. With Red IPP2 or ACES (after pulling back) you get perfect reds and greens.

in older BMs it is not so if it is new BMPCC4K so it is bad. (Colorspace V4) I like old BMs ProresHQ
I borrowed it (BMPCC4K) and I didn't see any fundamental difference between DNG and Proores. But I did some tests and I returned her I didn't like a bunch of things.

Thank you for your opinions and findings

1 minute ago, tonysss said:

in older BMs it is not so if it is new BMPCC4K so it is bad. (Colorspace V4) I like old BMs ProresHQ
I borrowed it (BMPCC4K) and I didn't see any fundamental difference between DNG and Proores. But I did some tests and I returned her I didn't like a bunch of things.

The old ProRes output didn't have any of these new issues. 
To bypass these newly introduced issues by the heavy internal processing you need to shoot cDNG and work in a better colorspace such as ACES or IPP2.

24 minutes ago, deezid said:

It isn't.

Small test I made using new Rokinon lenses and cDNG inside Red IPP2 last week - download in 4K
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RRTci4cyRqRsN7vNH1EMEKV1N89AXY9p

I'm still waiting to see the evidence of this 'strong sharpening and NR'. What exactly is your clip showing? 

40 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

I'm still waiting to see the evidence of this 'strong sharpening and NR'. What exactly is your clip showing? 

Shoot Braw or ProRes and compare it to cdng, Redcode, Arriraw, Canon Raw etc. In case you don't notice it, it isn't my fault and I don't care nor have the time to convince you.

1 hour ago, Shirozina said:

I'm with you, Shirozina. I've yet to see a single clear example of this in either my own footage or anyone else's. For a problem that is apparently so obvious, no one has been able to demonstrate it dead to rights at anything less than like 600% zoom.

1 hour ago, deezid said:

Shoot Braw or ProRes and compare it to cdng, Redcode, Arriraw, Canon Raw etc. In case you don't notice it, it isn't my fault and I don't care nor have the time to convince you.

Been there done that. Yes there are slight differences if you look at a magnification beyond anything you would see in the final film ( that's the tradeoff for smaller file sizes). Your language is hysterical and bears no relation to reality and gives a totally false impression to anyone wanting informed information on this topic.

Yh whatever, done explaining to you as well.

In case people complain about the camera looking videoish or like a DSLM (which do look videoish as well) we just recommend buying Arri or Red cameras instead, even though it's possible to achieve a similar looking image by just bypassing BMD image processing and color science.

Cool

I thought the night shots looked pretty good. Obliviously better than the OG camera can do. But most of the daylight stuff was pretty terrible. And yeah the teal, orange grade was a bit much. I don't think the grading was too bad, I think who ever shot the daylight footage screwed up on the exposure side, and that is the best they could pull out of it. Some of the daylight stuff looked good, but very little, so I think is was more operator error than anything, along with the goofy Teal coloring. But too bad, it was an interesting glimpse of a place few have seen.

1 hour ago, tonysss said:

I have also BMMCC, and I repeat myself several times, There is no difference between look and color between RAW and Prores! 

That is good knowledge to know. Thanks. That would certainly make grading easier.

1 hour ago, tonysss said:

I have also BMMCC, and I repeat myself several times, There is no difference between look and color between RAW and Prores! 

I agree, on my BMCC there wasn't any difference either beside the ProRes being lower resolution. But no additional sharpening, no noise reduction nor colormanagement issues