Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/31/2019 at 4:03 AM, deezid said:

Ne že by P4K vypadala špatně, ale tyto ostré halo (viditelné v náhledu kolem bundy) dělají P4K vypadají méně organicky než původní BMCC.

Byl zastřelen buď ProRes nebo Braw. Cdng neukazuje žádné z těchto problémů s vnitřním zpracováním, když je ostření v Resolve nastaveno na 0. Stále se divíte, proč se BMD připojil k Panasonic, Sony, Canon (od EOS R) atd.

I say it a few times,  the world doesn't need new cameras, but new stories. Because I recently bought very cheap BMPCC and BMMCC, So my GH5 most of the time, lies unused on the shelf.. What I see on the new BMPCC4K is exactly what I see on GH5, but the colors of the old BM just don't!

On 3/31/2019 at 9:46 PM, Shirozina said:

Again show us this in your footage  as I'm just not seeing it in mine. OK at 600% I can see a bit of color aliasing but apart from that for a 1:1 sampling sensor it's remarkably clean. Resolve can have some unpleasant image display artefacts under some of the user options for playback settings where you can trade playback speed for quality but I guess you know this?

Here's an example
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1obV0aGFIf6iDajr9ScTdIoApVOMOSn/view

Q0 looks better but still cannot compete with cDNG. cDNG at 4:1 may show macro blocking though when pushed too hard. But at 3:1 it's usually clean.

Hey guys!

I'm looking to buy the camera this week, so I'm really excited BUT I need to buy at least one lens. I'm looking for the Sigma ART series (Also Rokinons, but I'll probably go for the Sigmas). At this time I have the EF Metabones XL, so no APS-C lenses for me, only full frame. I'm looking for buy the 24mm or the 50mm as my starting lens, then add the 85 and 50/24. Also the 24-35 looks like a real nice combo for start with the camera.

So, by how much should I multiply the lens focal length to obtain the full frame equivalent with the Metabones XL? I'm looking for the 24-35 and the 24 prime. Any online calculator? haha

The calculation is very simple. Let's say you use a 50mm. Your metabones reduces the crop by 0.64. 50*0.64=32.

Your Pocket has a crop factor of (in full sensor width) 1.88. 1.88*32=60mm (rounded down). That's pretty close to the full frame equivalent already, but your new crop is (60/50) 1.2 times. So if for some reason you absolutely NEED to shoot at exactly the same equivalent focal length all the time (instead of just framing your shot slightly different), you can take your full frame lenses and divide them by 1.2. 50/1.2=42 equivalent perspective (rounded up). You could do that for all lenses. You want to match your 14mm on full frame's perspective with the Pocket+speedbooster? 14/1.2=12mm, etc.

Does that make sense?

17 hours ago, tonysss said:

I say it a few times,  the world doesn't need new cameras, but new stories. Because I recently bought very cheap BMPCC and BMMCC, So my GH5 most of the time, lies unused on the shelf.. What I see on the new BMPCC4K is exactly what I see on GH5, but the colors of the old BM just don't!

I don't know but I prefer the look of the new bmpcc4k in your clip. I used to have a BMPCC and to be honest I would be happy with either of them. But side by side like that, I would take the new bmpcc4k.

On a side note, tried some vertical filming the other day. 

Untitled_2.2_1we.thumb.jpg.8608d0190f830acf7c1410e059a295b4.jpg

Does abyone know how to get 50/60p out the HDMI? 

I was recently shooting with the 5 inch video assist, which can record up to 1080p60 - however when I set the camera to record in any resolution at 50p, the VA still only records a real-time 25p signal. 

Am I missing something in a menu that’s impossible to miss things in?

20 hours ago, deezid said:

Here's an example
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1obV0aGFIf6iDajr9ScTdIoApVOMOSn/view

Q0 looks better but still cannot compete with cDNG. cDNG at 4:1 may show macro blocking though when pushed too hard. But at 3:1 it's usually clean.

Is that a full frame in the vertical crop? It looks very underexposed so we are seeing the differences in the shadows where the most 'NR' seems to happen. I still can't see any 'sharpening halos. 

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Does abyone know how to get 50/60p out the HDMI? 

Figured it out - You need to set the 'Project Framerate' to 50/60p and then the VA will receive a 50/60p 1080 signal.

Annoyingly, this will slowdown switching to a slow motion external recording. I guess I've already become spoiled by the one touch slowmo, which is amazing for run and gun. 

Tomorrow I'll see what happens if I set the project framerate to 50p and the offspeed to 25p.

I imagine, when using a 25p timeline, the SOC files will give me realtime playback with the usual motion blur etc when set to 50/25, and 50/50 will still give me slowmo in that same timeline. The external recordings will have to be confirmed to whatever playback speed I need on a clip by clip basis, but I'm excited to try it out, it could be an interesting work around to a niche problem.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Really?

I only find any slight differences if any. To me braw has been a disappointment for a simple reason... because of CinemaDNG's IQ standard. The fact we have one or another doesn't help either.

Agree, it's no comparison to cDNG at 4:1 even in terms of detail/texture and lack of processing artifacts. 
At least people over in the official BMD forum are complaining as well and demanding for no noise reduction/sharpening setting available.

6 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Is that a full frame in the vertical crop? It looks very underexposed so we are seeing the differences in the shadows where the most 'NR' seems to happen. I still can't see any 'sharpening halos. 

This examples specifically doesn't show any sharpening halos. You need areas strong in contrast to see it.
Just download some Braw/ProRes footage from the comment section of the video and look at what happens between her skin and jacket, and also how it renders hair...yikes.

16 hours ago, xzobinx said:

I don't know but I prefer the look of the new bmpcc4k in your clip. I used to have a BMPCC and to be honest I would be happy with either of them. But side by side like that, I would take the new bmpcc4k.

On a side note, tried some vertical filming the other day. 

Untitled_2.2_1we.thumb.jpg.8608d0190f830acf7c1410e059a295b4.jpg

Cool shot...

This thread might be of interest...

18 hours ago, deezid said:

Agree, it's no comparison to cDNG at 4:1 even in terms of detail/texture and lack of processing artifacts. 
At least people over in the official BMD forum are complaining as well and demanding for no noise reduction/sharpening setting available.

This examples specifically doesn't show any sharpening halos. You need areas strong in contrast to see it.
Just download some Braw/ProRes footage from the comment section of the video and look at what happens between her skin and jacket, and also how it renders hair...yikes.

I've downloaded the files and have them in a UHD timeline in Resolve Studio  outputting to a 27"  HDR UHD monitor via decklink  - I can't see anything  (and I'm looking really hard with a critical eye used to identifying all kinds of artefacts) and I'm seeing nothing, absolutely nothing that I am worried about. What setup are you viewing these files on?

(Just redundant remark from experience with previous models, being little bit puzzled with discussion — if BrawQ0 is meant to be equal to ProresHQ? than there's no place for dilemma: through all BM cinema line CinemaDNG up to 3:1 was always noticeable richer in texture, also in DR and its distribution curve in high demanding situation than ProresHQ, which really is great codec, but not on pair with cDNG for top cinema usage. Without doubt, extremely respectable quality of BM camera image - that for many professionals surpasses that from Red - lays exclusively in, so to say, "deep raw" non-processing transfer... I don't know if at least BrawQ0 keeps that approach...)

16 minutes ago, matthere said:

Braw 3:1 holds up well on this guy's comparison..

Thanks for posting... But, frankly, I expected that difference seen on laptop monitor with HD resolution will be less noticeable (i.e. I assumed that comparative qualities of Arri are becoming very noticeable visible just at big screen reproduction)... At least for my eyes, P4K looks waaay harsher in comparison, especially in (second) example in front of the fence where they are at closest matching (in first example Arri was not even properly focused).